Main Menu

2000AD 40th Anniversary - 11th Feb 2017 - London

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 23 September, 2016, 06:35:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

I just got that - maybe they've decided to include a tee with the regular tickets?

Steve Green

Bolt-01

heh, I'm wondering if there is a new droid in the command module who might be getting stared at by Cyber-Matt...

Link Prime

Quote from: Dandontdare on 06 January, 2017, 03:57:24 PM
I just got that - maybe they've decided to include a tee with the regular tickets?

I think they were just checking what size you want your mouthful of ashes, DDD.

Molch-R

Due to Thrill-Sucker infestation, some Earthlets will have incorrectly received an email about T-shirts for the 40th Anniversary Event in February. Tharg the Mighty apologises, the droids responsible have been sent to Mek-Quake.

Please ignore the previous email if you only bought a regular ticket. Fear not – exclusive T-shirt designs will be available to purchase at the Festival.

However, we look forward to seeing you in February and thank you for joining us to celebrate 40 years of the Galaxy's Greatest Comic!

Splundig Vur Thrigg!

Bolt-01

5 weeks to go, and I am ridiculously excited.

The Oxford Dreddcons in the early '00's were superb, so I've got high hopes for this.

I was at a book event a while ago and the writer was talking about the way that, for him, the world changed in 1977- I was right with him till he said Star Wars...

Dandontdare

Ah well - what Tharg giveth, Tharg taketh away!

Leigh S

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 06 January, 2017, 04:36:33 PM
5 weeks to go, and I am ridiculously excited.

The Oxford Dreddcons in the early '00's were superb, so I've got high hopes for this.

I was at a book event a while ago and the writer was talking about the way that, for him, the world changed in 1977- I was right with him till he said Star Wars...

The Oxford Dreddcons were wonderful and how much creativity was unleashed from Squaxx finally getting that chance to meet like minded souls?  Solar Wind, then Omnivistacope from the inimitable PVS and FutureQuake/Zarjaz/Dogbreath still running today - Perhaps the internet might ahve been enough to get those things off the ground, but I suspect a large part of the enthusiasm to create came from the burst of optimism that Rebellion planted in those early days - almost certainly was the case for me!

Hawkmumbler

Every time this thread updates it's like rubbing salt in my wound!

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

COMMANDO FORCES

There's nothing stopping you drinking in the bar and mingling there ;)

shaolin_monkey

The final part of the journey fell into place today - two return tickets from Cardiff to London for just £60!! That makes up for the extortionate price of the hotel.

SuperSurfer

Hmm. Just realised. 2000AD 40th anniversary or Mrs Surfer's birthday?

Oh well. Birthday meal on the 10th it is, then.

The Enigmatic Dr X

I'm starting to look forward to this even more.
Lock up your spoons!

Hawkmumbler

I hope we can expect to see the return of the Tharg Pint Note!  :lol: