Main Menu

How much is an entire run of Crisis worth?

Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 28 November, 2015, 06:40:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyFoxMachine

Our local Oxfam books shop has the entire run of Crisis #1-60 and the chap tried to flog it to me for a "knock down price" of £70 - claiming that on eBay they often go for £100

This seemed a bit steep to me - as I've seen #1-10 go for less than a tenner before.

What do people think? And if anyone feels that I'm wrong to be sceptical and £70 a good call I'd be happy to point you in the right direction and possibly even pick it up for ye pending postage etc

maryanddavid

The later issues can be a bit hard to get, so seventy Is not too far off the mark.

Tjm86

I'd have to agree.  The first few issues are common as muck but there are a few in the forties and the last two or three that can be a sod to track down.  I've seen a few complete runs listed for between 70 and 100.  One or two runs that were listed low racked up bids of 50 or 60.  If they are in good condition then 70 is reasonable.

oshii

The whole run was 63, not 60.  If it's all of them then, yes that's an alright price.  If it's only 1-60 then it's a bit over priced as the last few are pretty rare and generally go for about a fiver each on ebay

CrazyFoxMachine

Not sure about the last three, actually. I saw the stack but they had physically written down on a note affixed to it "#1-60" to I don't think it included them.

This is all very interesting, cheers for the insight fellas - I'm considering it perhaps but for (another) big stack of comics it's still a bit of a price tag for me! Perhaps I can haggle slightly...

judgerussell

I got a near complete run for under a tenner. Nobody else seemed to bid. I was just lucky.

I, Cosh

Yeah, I'd hold out for a cheaper lot somewhere. Or pick and choose the early ones. As other's have said it's not that unreasonable a price but the scarcity of the later issues definitely isn't matched by the quality of the content.
We never really die.

blixab

If anybody is interested I have issues 1-52 so not quite the complete run and you can have the lot for £30 plus whatever it costs to courier / post them out.