Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dash Decent

Quote from: Trent on 01 July, 2016, 11:18:25 AM
Based on the description and page count looks like Every Empire Falls will contain the earlier Joyce stories which set up the current epic. Good stuff.

Wow, talk about off-topic!  Can we please get back to discussing punctuation and stuff?

Seriously though, I agree - it does sound good.

I still think that cover image is very deliberately (in a good way) Bolland-like.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Trent

Sorry Dash, I'll try to keep it relevant.
Talking of Empires where's Angela Merkel this morning? Forgive and forget eh Major?

Robo-K33F

Quote from: Dash Decent on 01 July, 2016, 11:01:59 AM
It's a great title.  (And much better than something like "MCexit".)

At the opposite end of the spectrum, you should check out both the blurbs on Amazon UK as they need tidying up.  "Every Empire Falls" is missing apostrophes ("Big Meg s", "Goblin King s", "Mega-City One s") and at least one full stop ("...in prison or on a slab Have the odds...").  The last paragraph needs rearranging, at the very least.  The blurb ends with a set of quote marks that don't belong to anything else (greatest lawman?"). While I'm sticking the boot (knife) in, "...teamed up with Judge Dredd in one of the most fondly remembered Dredd stories." sounds weak, too.  (Being a pedant, I'd also hyphenate "fondly remembered" but I won't push the point.)

"Capes and Cowls" has punctuation on the wrong side of spaces ("Big Meg ." and "he "is "the Law!").  (I assume that should be a capitalised "He", and a full stop has been lost after "JUDGE DREDD"?)  This blurb also concludes with a closing set of double quotation marks (spandex!") with no matching opening set.

Er, let me just add that the above is meant helpfully.

Yes , already noted. Just to be clear - I don't write these entries. maybe I should...

Robo-K33F

Based on the description and page count looks like Every Empire Falls will contain the earlier Joyce stories which set up the current epic. Good stuff.
Perhaps more interestingly the Capes and Cowls trade is a foray by Rebellion into the Mega Collection's territory with a thematically linked volume rather than a story arc or specific artist.
Given the Mega Collection won't run forever I hope this is a sign of things to come as it makes for a satisfying read that works quite differently from the Case Files.

The Cape and Cowl trade is for the US market where themed compilation Dredd books seem to go down quite well.

Molch-R

Perhaps more interestingly the Capes and Cowls trade is a foray by Rebellion into the Mega Collection's territory with a thematically linked volume rather than a story arc or specific artist.

Yeah, we've already done this kind of thing for a while for the US market because, as Keith says, they're a better fit.
https://www.amazon.com/Judge-Dredd-Megacity-Masters-01/dp/1906735921
https://www.amazon.com/Judge-Dredd-Fatties-John-Wagner/dp/1781081336
https://www.amazon.com/Judge-Dredd-Cry-Werewolf-2000/dp/1781080321
https://www.amazon.com/Judge-Dredd-Mutants-Mega-City-2000/dp/1781081670/
https://www.amazon.com/Judge-Dredd-XXX-Files-2000/dp/178108243X/
(Also, Capes and Cowls is for the US market, where the Mega Collection isn't available.)

Dash Decent

Quote from: Trent on 01 July, 2016, 11:28:57 AM
Sorry Dash, I'll try to keep it relevant.
Talking of Empires where's Angela Merkel this morning? Forgive and forget eh Major?

A Basil Fawlty quote! Now you're talking!
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

Quote from: Robo-K33F on 01 July, 2016, 12:03:48 PM
Just to be clear - I don't write these entries. maybe I should...

I'm narrowing it down... I know it's not you and it's not Molch-R.  I think it's that Matt bloke.  I keep telling him, there's TWO f's in "Smiff"!  Work experience people, eh?
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Dash Decent on 01 July, 2016, 12:57:18 PM

I'm narrowing it down... I know it's not you and it's not Molch-R.  I think it's that Matt bloke.  I keep telling him, there's TWO f's in "Smiff"!  Work experience people, eh?
'As Dash rants on the rest of the forum looks to the sky, awaiting Thargs judgement on his unworthy being'

Robo-K33F

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 01 July, 2016, 12:59:49 PM

'As Dash rants on the rest of the forum looks to the sky, awaiting Thargs judgement on his unworthy being'

No.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Robo-K33F on 01 July, 2016, 01:16:53 PM
Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 01 July, 2016, 12:59:49 PM

No.
THE BOSS MAN HAS SPOKETH!!!!

Dash Decent

Two of the new covers:

Quote from: Dash Decent on 01 July, 2016, 04:48:26 AM
14 Feb 2017 - Judge Dredd: Every Empire Falls - Click! - Paperback, 240 pages.

Quote from: Dash Decent on 01 July, 2016, 04:48:26 AM
11 Apr 2017 - Judge Dredd: The Cape and Cowl Crimes - Click! - Paperback, 160 pages.

And now back to Bob in the studio.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Robo-K33F on 01 July, 2016, 08:51:16 AM
Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 01 July, 2016, 06:22:28 AM
Every Empire Falls is an omnious title!

But good, right?

I think where this type of story is concerned omnious is indeed good, very good...

Fungus

Dash, you're not going to let omnious go for a second time, surely?

;)

Hawkmumbler

TBH i thought they where saying amnibuses....omnibi...omnibus....phone book.

Trent

Robo and Keith - thanks for the responses. I was aware of some of the US trades. Might wait to see what gets covered in the Mega Collection and then maybe dip into a few of these.