Main Menu

Started by moly, 15 December, 2012, 08:11:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moly

Can't believe no one has posted this up yet 3 dredd tales this issue Xmas story was very good and really good end to killer elite, Anderson was well Anderson nothing new unfortunately as always the next issue looks better but never quiets deliver fast becoming a habit

Buttonman

Quote from: moly on 15 December, 2012, 08:11:19 PM
Can't believe no one has posted this up yet

Not got it! What do you want? Guesswork?

Pete Wells

Yeah, Burns' artwork was glorious and that last page made me grin. I was wondering all the way through what Dredd would be in the eyes of the girl, I shoulda guessed really.

Going to read the rest of the stories today but, wtf was that penguin!?!

Steve Green

Could we have a story where Anderson actually succeeds for a bit?

Even to make a contrast for when it all turns to shit, it's just become a bit of a running gag that when she's not in a coma, it will all got tits up...

Really enjoyed the end of Killer Elite and the Dredd as well, although similar to Lori in Preacher.

Not read the rest yet, may keep it to spread over the progless Christmas.

Will be interesting to see if American Reaper II is a bit less sprawiling than the first run.

vzzbux

Penguin DREDD? Coming soon?

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

JUDGE BURNS

My MEG 331 ARRIVED ON TIME  yesterday morning. :-)
I soon read thru it over breakfast and enjoyed the 3 Dredd tales _ especially BURNS'S artwork Maybe a family link there.Who knows?
Anderson was a bit  ...well... I think suicidal at the end of that story. She seems to be fighting too many of these demons at the moment. Not my cup-o-tea. 

A bit confused about this Judge Pengiun???? advert..coming soon!

Looking forward to a new set of strories next issue.  :-)

Steve Green

The Law comes to Club Penguin.

Drawn a blank on the blind mouse logo, vinyl figure merchandise I guess. Quite odd.

Jim_Campbell

Minor controversy over on twitter as Jock spots not one but TWO straight tracings from his own work in Antonio Fuso's story... :-(

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Pioneer

Thought it was actually Jock at fist glance, until I looked at the credits box. Literally a glance though.

Don't think I should let him know that on Twitter though, might not help matters!

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 16 December, 2012, 05:19:11 PM
Minor controversy over on twitter as Jock spots not one but TWO straight tracings from his own work in Antonio Fuso's story... :-(
If someone's going to trace, they could at least get the eagle on the right bloody shoulder. As for the Meg in general, I thought it was an OK issue. The festive Dredd was OK, the wrap-up for the death match one was quite fun, and bar artwork swipes, the Tale was a decent yarn. Anderson... I'm not sure I care any more, but I keep hoping she'll again hit the highs of the old days, or Shamballa, or Satan.

Also, I don't recall reading Disaster 1990 before, but maybe I did and just forced it out of my memory. It's... not held up that well, has it?

hippynumber1

I'm saving Disaster 1990 'til I have both parts (I don't remember it being great but I do enjoy the cheesy B film nature of some of the early stuff).  Loved Paul Marshall's cover and the last page of the Dredd Christmas story but THE thing from this month has got to be the Penguin!  :lol:

Steve Green

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 16 December, 2012, 06:52:22 PM
Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 16 December, 2012, 05:19:11 PM
If someone's going to trace, they could at least get the eagle on the right bloody shoulder. As for the Meg in general, I thought it was an OK issue. The festive Dredd was OK, the wrap-up for the death match one was quite fun, and bar artwork swipes, the Tale was a decent yarn. Anderson... I'm not sure I care any more, but I keep hoping she'll again hit the highs of the old days, or Shamballa, or Satan.

Also, I don't recall reading Disaster 1990 before, but maybe I did and just forced it out of my memory. It's... not held up that well, has it?

Can't see an eagle on the wrong shoulder anywhere?

IndigoPrime

Ah, my mistake. I was looking at the pics on Jock's Twitter feed—it seems Fuso flipped the image before he traced it, and then swapped the shoulder pad accordingly.

Trout

I enjoyed the Meg. Lots of readable stuff there, especially Gordon Rennie's Dredd story.

That Fuso art - other accusations aside - just looks like messy, early Jock work to me. I love Jock's work but I'm not keen on this. It's hard to follow the story. The last panels throw away the ending.

As for Anderson's misfortunes, they have me worrying about Alan Grant. I hope she cheers up soon.

- Trout

Richard

I think that Disaster 1990 is a terrible choice. It's so bad that in 2000AD's 16th summer special, they did a feature about the worst 16 stories ever published in 2000AD, and this was one of them! I'd rather have had Finn book 2.

The Meg proper was good. Don't see anything wrong with the end of Anderson, I would call it character development and I hope that it is leading somewhere. Like Dredd, I used to get a bit annoyed at how bloody cheereful she used to be all the time despite living in the total shit-hole which is MC-1, surrounded by tragedy and misery.

Hope to see more of John Burns on Dredd now that Dante has finished.