Main Menu

What's everyone listening to...?

Started by Gonk, 01 February, 2012, 09:53:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

Match-Box-Twenty - Yourself or Somebody like You.

Not sure if they ever made any more or had huge discography...but haven't heard from them since this one & listen to it four times in the last week out of pure laziness to choose another cd.

SpongeJosh

Quote from: Stephen Parry on 02 April, 2016, 09:43:33 PM
Pleasantly surprised by Super Collider by Megadeth earlier tonight. I hadn't heard many positive reviews of it from my social circle.
Its an OK album better than Thirteen imo. Endgame is a really good modern Megadeth album. Definitely worth a listen.

ThryllSeekyr

Oh that's really Match Box Twenty - Yourself or Someone Like You....

Right now, I'm listening to Burn - Deep Purple - The Best of Smoke on the Water There is silver logo on purple background. I had this cd for about 15 years at rough guess. Friends got me into this type of music.

ThryllSeekyr

No ones been here...since I last commented

Was listening to October Rust (It's a album!) by Type O Negative. Where the my own words could be added here....My Blood Sings....[/b]

Because that is my exact blood type....

Songs of note....& from memory.....

By my Druidess & She Hates Me! & for Werewolves....a Silver-Bullet!

Now listening to War of the Worlds...the musical version by Jeff Wayne....

OOOOOOLLLLLLOOOOOOOONNNNNNNN.

ThryllSeekyr

Slipped in a bit my Love Gun by KISS.

Hawkmumbler

Spent the afternoon listening to the majority of King Crimsons discography and it's startling to realise how revolutionary they where, almost single handidly inventing the progressive rock scene in Britain. Added to that, Epitaph and Court of the Crimson King are just a pair of beastly ballads, brilliant music.

I, Cosh

Can't stop listening to the Tim Hecker's new album. Really fantastic mixture of his usual droney ambience and the kind of cut-up vocal samples that Holly Herndon was messing around with last year.

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 11 April, 2016, 03:10:10 PM
Spent the afternoon listening to the majority of King Crimsons discography and it's startling to realise how revolutionary they where, almost single handidly inventing the progressive rock scene in Britain. Added to that, Epitaph and Court of the Crimson King are just a pair of beastly ballads, brilliant music.
Have a real soft spot for this. Partly as it provokes memories of my father and partly because it's a great/ludicrous record.
We never really die.

Leigh S

The vast majority of prog make me sick at best, but ...Crimson King is brilliant, though it has led me to make some regretted carboot purchases in the search of good prog (Im looking at you Argus/Brain Salad Surgery...)

richerthanyou

Just picked up the Spinal Tap album for $10. Haven't seen the film in a while now but a flood of memories came rushing back after hitting play. It's also nice to hear the full versions of the songs. The other person in the car having not seen the film wasn't quite sure what to make of it. I loved it.
(  ゚,_ゝ゚)   

JayzusB.Christ

Taking a break from my normal diet of electronic dance-y stuff and screaming rock to revisit someone I grew up with:  Cat Stevens*.  My parents liked him and my brother discovered him in his teens, and I think, despite my growing up to be relatively heterosexual, I kind of fancied him on the album sleeve when I was a kid. 

Simple, clean, joyful perfection.  And it's nice to have him back on the music scene; still looking fresh and healthy (I suppose 40 years of a Muslim diet and lifestyle can't hurt).

*Or Yusuf Islam, if you prefer, or just Yusuf, or lately Yusuf-stroke-Cat** Stevens apparently.

**Stroke Cat. Heh.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Apestrife

Dälek - Asphalt for eden
The band is the reason why I say there is good hip hop, likewise why I don't think there isn't much good hip hop (not many acts comes close to them). Most easily described as Public enemy with NIN being their My bloody valentine, and beyond all that noise. Dark like a expressionist film, cosmic like the ghost of Sun Rah. I first heard about them in a heavy metal mag in 2004-2005, got hold of their song Ever somber and loved them dearly ever since. Their latest album just reaffirms this. 7 tracks which been on loop since I got it off itunes.
Recommended tracks: Critical and Masked laughter

Future of the left - The Peace & Truce of
Not -yet- as brilliant as the two albums before it, but you can't go wrong with a band that's poised with an outmost fantastic bass player as well a singer screaming like a pissed muppet that he owns a werewolf --and the sense to use it.
Recommended tracks: Back when I was brilliant and Reference point zero

Iggy Pop - Post Pop Depression
Sounds like a loving auf fucking wiedersehen to the two Bowie/Berlin albums, as well perhaps/in case- to his career. And if it is, it's a splendid album ending it with. The outburst (which I think will sound shake up more than one listener) in the last song Paraguay more or less sounds as if ends what Stooges - 1969:s "another year with nothing to do" started.

The Legendary Shark

1984 - George Orwell - BBC - Radio - 1965 - Patrick Troughton.

Not listened yet, downloading for my 'phone so I can listen while I drive.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Zarjazzer

The Church album Starfish -an Australian band that are now touring with the Psychedelic furs. Missed them the first time round so this is a treat. Makes me want to dust off my old 12 strings (all long gone alas) and strum.

The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

NapalmKev

The new Radiohead song - Burn the Witch.

Interesting video, Camberwick Green meets The Wicker Man.

Enjoy!
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Tiplodocus

Tom Waits radio on Google play music which had a lot of Lou Reed.

Lou Reed radio on Google play music which had a lot of Tom Waits.

The The radio on Google play music which is my musical taste (which halted age 34) in a nutshell.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!