Main Menu

Thought Bubble 2016 5-6/11/16

Started by Bhuna, 29 February, 2016, 12:12:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bhuna

That's great news Dandontdare.

Proudhuff, I think myself, Neil McClements and possibly Dunk will be in the Palace pub across the road from the Ibis Budget hotel from about 7'ish. It's a great boozer with some top scran too.  :D :D
twitter.com/Bhuna1967
twitter.com/pigdogpress

Neil McClements

I'll be in that there pub a bit earlier though! To avoid friday traffic I'll get up to Leeds and be in the hotel sometime late afternoon.

Hawkmumbler

Might see you chaps about then, booking into the hotel sometime friday afternoon.

Proudhuff

Quote from: Bhuna on 25 October, 2016, 04:32:14 PM
That's great news Dandontdare.

Proudhuff, I think myself, Neil McClements and possibly Dunk will be in the Palace pub across the road from the Ibis Budget hotel from about 7'ish. It's a great boozer with some top scran too.  :D :D

Yeah, lets hope Dunk stays upright this time!  :-X
DDT did a job on me

Spikes

I'm at the Holiday Inn at the Armouries, but it'll be grand to meet up with forumites in whatever pub suits.
Think the Palace Pub is about a 15 minute, or so, walk from my hotel.

Should get into Leeds mid/late Afternoon on the Friday.

Hawkmumbler

Grrrrr! The hotel just refunded my booking and apologized on grounds of 'Double Booking'. Bollocks!  >:(

Hawkmumbler

Thankfully looks like I found an alternative now but it's a bit out of the way...

COMMANDO FORCES

Hawkmumbler

Dunk!

Quote from: Spikes on 26 October, 2016, 06:22:09 PM
I'm at the Holiday Inn at the Armouries, but it'll be grand to meet up with forumites in whatever pub suits.
Think the Palace Pub is about a 15 minute, or so, walk from my hotel.

'Tis an easy 10 minute walk from The HI at the Armouries and last year was a damn good night. Looking forward to it.

Dunk!
"Trust we"

Fungus

Should make the Palace too, get into Leeds Friday afternoon. Not at the Ibis across the street, but nearby. Starting to get used to Leeds these days  :)

Bhuna

twitter.com/Bhuna1967
twitter.com/pigdogpress

Pauul

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 04 August, 2016, 04:08:01 PM
This year we are also going to be adjacent to the might of the CraxyFoxMachine and the Psychedelic Journal as well. Make sure you say hi and be prepared to share your username. It is your entrance to the secret world!

It's my first time going down to Thought Bubble this year, so I'll be sure to come along and say hello to you Dave.

I'm quite excited, especially for the 2000AD Writing Competition.

I fully expect to be burnt out by the end of the day. I'm catching a train down at 6am in order to get into Leeds on time.

Note to self, I need to stock up on energy drinks.

Proudhuff

Quote from: Pauul on 29 October, 2016, 12:11:43 AM
Quote from: Bolt-01 on 04 August, 2016, 04:08:01 PM
This year we are also going to be adjacent to the might of the CraxyFoxMachine and the Psychedelic Journal as well. Make sure you say hi and be prepared to share your username. It is your entrance to the secret world!

It's my first time going down to Thought Bubble this year, so I'll be sure to come along and say hello to you Dave.

I'm quite excited, especially for the 2000AD Writing Competition.

I fully expect to be burnt out by the end of the day. I'm catching a train down at 6am in order to get into Leeds on time.

Note to self, I need to stock up on energy drink!.

FTFY
DDT did a job on me

Pauul

I feel, that given I'm attending Thought Bubble primarily to network and make contacts, that getting horrendously drunk and making a complete idiot of myself might not be the best tactic.

I should probably focus on making a good impression.

I should be sensible.

Okay, we'll see how long that lasts.