Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

Graham Taylor Football manager aged 72

CalHab

He always came across as an honest and decent guy and was one of the few pundits worth listening to.

Mattofthespurs

I always liked Taylor. Even if his England team was one of the worst I ever witnessed he did not have much choice about the quality, barring Lineker, who was coming to the end of his career.

Did some fantastic work at Watford and Villa especially and was always good to listen to.

moly

Being a villa fan of a certain age he was a great manager and always seemed like a nice person

rogue69

Larry Steinbachek, keyboardist from Bronski Beat  aged54 from Cancer
&
William Peter Blatty, aged 89, author of the exorcist

I, Cosh

Astronaut Gene Cernan. The last man to walk on the moon.

Here he is saying something nice before he left the moon.
We never really die.

TordelBack

Cernan is a hero of mine, not least for his often-expressed wish that his epitath should not read 'the last man to walk on the moon'. Another loss as we stare into a future where selflessness, hope and truth are subjects of derision.

von Boom

Terrible news about Cernan. RIP.

HdE

Dag nabbit. Another familiar face from movies and TV has gone. Miguel Ferrer - who I knew best from his role in Twin Peaks - has passed away at the age of 61 from cancer.

Bloody cancer. If we could spend half as much effort trying to cure that as we do trying to find new ways to blow people up...  >:(
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

Pegasus P Artichoke

Sad news indeed

He was one of my favourite characters in twin peaks

Good solid actor, very sad
We'll give them back their heroes

Misanthrope

Quote from: Pegasus P Artichoke on 19 January, 2017, 09:58:51 PM
Sad news indeed

He was one of my favourite characters in twin peaks

Good solid actor, very sad

I knew him from Robocop.
Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

hippynumber1

John Watkiss, aged 55. Originally slated as artist on 'Harry 20 on the High Rock', I believe, before he dropped-out. http://www.tripwiremagazine.co.uk/headlines/film-comic-artist-john-watkiss-dies/

Bolt-01

Ah, no.  That's terrible news- his line work was masterful and always made me just 'stop' to admire the talent.

ming

Really sad to hear the news about John Watkiss; a fantastic artist whose work I always wanted to see in the Prog.  I first read his 'Kiss of Death' in the late '80s and those two issues remain firmly among my very favourite comics.

O Lucky Stevie!

Can drummer Jaki Liebezeit, aged 78.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"