Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Something Fishy

Yeah i'm good thanks surfer. The only downside is I've developed a real problem with swallowing in the days since.  i can barely eat.  I know it's in my head but it's really difficult to overcome it.

Yep, the lil'fishy was a life saver.  I need to be careful once he's (probably) gone to uni this autumn.

von Boom

Wow. Scary. Glad to hear it worked out so well for you Fishy. You may have to increase the lad's pocket money.

Mardroid

Also maybe get a check up if you haven't had one for a while.

I have a friend with asthma, who had a recent check up. Thankfully it went okay, although they said she was a bit wheezy, something that hadn't particularly bothered her. They also gave her a pump and told her she should be using it each day, something that she hadn't been doing. A small thing, but point is, they picked up on something she should be doing for prevention.

I think her asthma is comparatively mild. For someone who has had pretty severe attacks, I'd say that's even more reason to get an MOT.

Batman's Superior Cousin

A friend's sister has just died last night of the dreaded C-word, deeply troubling times!!!  :(
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

SuperSurfer

Something Fishy

Quote from: Mardroid on 13 January, 2017, 05:26:56 PM

I have a friend with asthma, who had a recent check up. Thankfully it went okay, although they said she was a bit wheezy, something that hadn't particularly bothered her. They also gave her a pump and told her she should be using it each day, something that she hadn't been doing. A small thing, but point is, they picked up on something she should be doing for prevention.

I think her asthma is comparatively mild. For someone who has had pretty severe attacks, I'd say that's even more reason to get an MOT.

yeah thanks.  Indeed.  it has put my sis in itu twice in the last few years.  It kills people and I admit I was taking it too lightly.

I was having major problems in the autumn and lots of attacks so went along to a clinic.  my peak flow was down at 33%.  really dangerous.

so I have since been trying various meds and inhalers to sort it but we've struggled to stablise it.  I have a white cell issue which causes inflammation which is not helping so it's a struggle.

this one was a wake up that I need to be way more careful though.

Something Fishy

Something Fishy

Quote from: von Boom on 13 January, 2017, 04:09:13 PM
Wow. Scary. Glad to hear it worked out so well for you Fishy. You may have to increase the lad's pocket money.

haha not sure about that boom.  he gets his entire child benefit to spend on what he needs as it is (until it ends with his a levels in june that is).  i did help sort out 8 weeks work over the summer for him though so that'll do.

Dandontdare

Quote from: Mardroid on 13 January, 2017, 05:26:56 PM

I've had asthma for decades - never had a scary near-death attack though. I've not done it any favouirs with years of smoking, but it's easily manageable with inhalers.

I've been with the same GP practice for 26 years and have always received an annual letter inviting me for an asthma review. Great service to offer, and I used to take it up every 4-5 years just to keep an eye on things, but I've been managing my asthma so long I didn't feel the need to go every year. Nowadays, I can't refill my prescription unless I go. Waste of resources

Something Fishy

I was like that for years dant.  it just suddenly went bad and this week was a horror I've never had before.  i'll be watching it much more closely now.

staticgirl

It feels a bit like anyone I know who has asthma is getting worse at the moment and I wondered if it was caused by increasing pollution levels. It's ridiculously bad in London now.

staticgirl

Also in case you don't go on the 'Life is okay' thread. I have just heard I have a rental flat to move into soon! It's been 3 months of increasingly desperate searching but I just have to organise moving now.

Mardroid

Quote from: staticgirl on 20 January, 2017, 03:23:03 PM
It feels a bit like anyone I know who has asthma is getting worse at the moment and I wondered if it was caused by increasing pollution levels. It's ridiculously bad in London now.

Yes, I was sent a tweet a short while ago stating that the air in Central London is at toxic levels!

Makes me wonder if Central London workers should use those little face mask things that cover nose and mouth, like many people over in China have taken to doing. (Mind you, I have my doubts they would do much good.)

staticgirl

I know a government librarian who has taken to wearing those masks.

Something Fishy

Quote from: staticgirl on 20 January, 2017, 03:23:03 PM

Mine felt much better in Iceland I have to say.