Main Menu

the xmas haul thread

Started by Grugz, 26 December, 2016, 03:42:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

I got two tubes of BBQ Pringles, a packet of jellybeans and a substantial amount of cash for the summer.

Dandontdare

As well as Xmas it was my 50th birthday on the 3rd Jan so double-haul (rotten time to have a birthday - everybody tells me I should do something and I know people will come out but they'll do so out of obligation - nobody actually wants to party straight after new Year!)

I got several cheques (including one from my mum 'cos when she asked me I said "all I want for Christmas is my two front teeth" so she took me literally and is paying towards my upcoming dentures), a total of £35 in Amazon gift-cards, some chocolate and booze, nice new scarf and gloves and a high-vis jacket with my name on the front and "beware of my little brother" on the back (from my big brother, in case you hadn't guessed!)

JayzusB.Christ

Christmas was kind of overshadowed by a couple of personal tragedies this year, but still can't complain about my haul!  A much-needed new laptop from my parents, and a coffee-maker with some quality coffee for my new boat / home from my sister.  Also a genuine drinking horn, which I've wanted for years, from my dad - not really a Christmas present but just something he picked up for me ages ago and forgot to give me till now.

PS Belated happy birthday, DDD
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Mardroid

Yes belated happy birthday Dandontdare.

TordelBack

Proudhuff

Thank feck your getting those teeth fixed ya auld git, it soo kept the wimmin away from our table at TB!

;)
happy Birthday Old boy, welcome to the 50+ club!
DDT did a job on me

Dandontdare

Thanks all - I will still be accepting birthday drinks in February, so think on!

Something Fishy

This year my haul was empty but it was full of awesome experience.  We went away so we didn't do presents but it was pretty special.