Main Menu

Bargains and deals

Started by sheldipez, 07 March, 2013, 09:54:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

I concur - the innate silliness of Mars Attack reads like one of those old-fashioned funny Dredd stories, and Al Ewing is one of the few writers who ever managed to capture that type of daftness

CalHab

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 10 August, 2016, 07:58:53 AM
It's frikkin awesome is what it is!!!  Martians! Dredd! Anderson! Don Uggie! Judge Pal bubblegum cards! The best Dredd not printed in 2000AD ever!!!

You had me at Don Uggie.

IndigoPrime

The current Humble Bundle is Dark Horse's 30th anniversary selection.

Colin YNWA

Looks good but I think I'll pass, my back log is getting ridiculous thanks to cheap digital deals...

...uh Brian Wood sale...

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/exclusive-chris-burnham-homages-classic-2000-ad-cover-for-milestone-issue-judge-dredd

The Adventurer

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Colin YNWA

The Adventurer

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 23 August, 2016, 06:20:10 AM
Quote from: The Adventurer on 23 August, 2016, 04:50:15 AM
Its COPRA time!

That looks interesting, whats that?

Remember when Suicide Squad was good? It's like that, but a bit more cosmic. And experimental.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 23 August, 2016, 06:20:10 AM
Quote from: The Adventurer on 23 August, 2016, 04:50:15 AM
Its COPRA time!

That looks interesting, whats that?
Suicide Squad meets Kirbys New Gods meets Ditkos Shade the Changing Man in a Streets of Fire technicoloured colidoscope universe.

COPRA is absolutely INSANE!

It's also very Gil Kane and Paul Grist influenced, and I know you like Kane and Grist.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: The Adventurer on 23 August, 2016, 07:31:34 AM
Remember when Suicide Squad was good? It's like that, but a bit more cosmic. And experimental.

Who sounds interesting...

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 23 August, 2016, 07:43:49 AM
Suicide Squad meets Kirbys New Gods meets Ditkos Shade the Changing Man in a Streets of Fire technicoloured colidoscope universe.

COPRA is absolutely INSANE!

It's also very Gil Kane and Paul Grist influenced, and I know you like Kane and Grist.

... wow sounds unmissable - I'm in!

Hawkmumbler

And if you need any further persuasion me and Adventurer will be talking about COPRA in the next episode of Weekly Comics Monthly (somewhat delayed by my own incompetence)!

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 23 August, 2016, 01:14:23 PM
And if you need any further persuasion...

Well it would appear I don't. Now the patient wait for the top of the pile...

Hawkmumbler

Oooh i've always wanted to try some MAD, presumably this is in the name of Jack Davis, god rest him!

I'm very tempted!

Dandontdare

I used to adore Mad and bought it every month , but that was back in the 80s. I'm not saying the mag changed ( it struck me as having timeless editorial conventions - I bought one recently and the tone was identical - even down to reprinting a "classic" strip I remembered first time around) but I think I changed in my tastes. The humour is VERY American-centric, and the movie "satires" are very predictable; but there are lots of good gags and funny recurrent strips.

It's the sort of publication that's great to read on an ongoing basis when the news stories and movies they're talking about are current, but I wouldn't buy a historical run.

The Adventurer

I was always more of a Cracked fan.