Main Menu

Comics you are excited about in 2016

Started by Colin YNWA, 10 August, 2015, 07:38:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Careful that tweeter feed has given me false hope before. Don't get me wrong I've been sucked in this time again, but I'm just warning you not to be as dimmed witted a mug as me!

Tjm86

Just seen this one on CBR http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/exclusive-garth-ennis-flies-high-with-tuskegee-airmen-in-dreaming-eagles

Simon Coleby on art duties and sounds like a cross between Johnny Red and March.  Much as Ennis managed to mess up his Dredd stuff, his War Stories material has always been stronger for my money. 

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Tjm86 on 11 September, 2015, 06:04:29 PM
Just seen this one on CBR http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/exclusive-garth-ennis-flies-high-with-tuskegee-airmen-in-dreaming-eagles

Simon Coleby on art duties and sounds like a cross between Johnny Red and March.  Much as Ennis managed to mess up his Dredd stuff, his War Stories material has always been stronger for my money.

Yep that's pretty much a must buy.

Judge Brian

Other than more 2000AD & the Megazine? Just more Velvet, Rat Queens, Sex Criminals, & Prez.

Old Tankie

Proudhuff

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 11 September, 2015, 06:59:18 PM
Quote from: Tjm86 on 11 September, 2015, 06:04:29 PM

Yep that's pretty much a must buy.

When this hits the shops can someone give me a shout, or start a thread?  :D

This looks cracking I hope Ennis does the 333rd Field Artillery Battalion at the battle of the Bulge at some point, there was a great TV prog about them: Narrow Escapes of WWII.  I think.
DDT did a job on me

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Proudhuff on 16 September, 2015, 03:58:57 PM
This looks cracking I hope Ennis does the 333rd Field Artillery Battalion at the battle of the Bulge at some point, there was a great TV prog about them: Narrow Escapes of WWII.  I think.

Its bound to be on his list, one of the few areas he's not touched, an Artillery group. In Garth Ennis Present's Battle Classics he mentions that with just about ever book he reads about WWII he develops a story idea. Sounds like he has stuff racked up.

Just need to get him to bite the bullet and relaunch Battle!

I, Cosh

Quote from: Satanist on 01 September, 2015, 10:55:59 AM
Quote from: zombemybabynow on 31 August, 2015, 04:24:43 PM
The final issues of gutsville - snooch
This would make me happy!
There have been a few mentions of this on Irving's Twitter/Tumblr which suggest he really is working on it from time to time. Of course, then the last issue of Annihilator was about three months late.
We never really die.

Ancient Otter

Humanoids are a releasing an anthology called The Tipping Point, it's a mix of American/European/Japanese creators. Featuring Naoki Urasawa, Taiyo Matsumoto, Eddie Campbell, John Cassaday, Paul Pope...

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Ancient Otter on 16 September, 2015, 07:11:05 PM
Humanoids are a releasing an anthology called The Tipping Point, it's a mix of American/European/Japanese creators. Featuring Naoki Urasawa, Taiyo Matsumoto, Eddie Campbell, John Cassaday, Paul Pope...
HOLLLLLYYYY SHHHHIIITTTT!

That's a must buy, and now my most anticipated book of the year!

TordelBack

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 16 September, 2015, 08:49:43 PM
Quote from: Ancient Otter on 16 September, 2015, 07:11:05 PM
HOLLLLLYYYY SHHHHIIITTTT!

That's a must buy, and now my most anticipated book of the year!

Ditto.

The Adventurer

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Ancient Otter

Bryan Talbot is releasing another collaboration with his wife Mary: The Red Virgin and the Vision of Utopia. Bryan is also supposed to be working on the fifth and final volume of Grandville, don't know yet if it will make 2016

Ancient Otter

Nice. FrstSecond will pick up Demon by Jason Shiga and release it in 4 volumes, starting Fall 2016. You can start reading the webcomic right here.

Hawkmumbler

Corto Maltese: Celtic Tales from IDW in January.
Kinda wish they would release Ballad of Salty Sea next though. For the chronology.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Corto-Maltese-Celtic-Hugo-Pratt/dp/1631405071/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1444063235&sr=8-4&keywords=corto+maltese