Main Menu

'It's Ghastly', a Scream! comic history

Started by maryanddavid, 27 October, 2016, 02:12:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Well while sulking about the fact that Im not at Thought Bubble and I've not even got my Satudar prog to console me, I've managed to at least spend a very pleasent hour or show reading 'It's Ghastly!' and of course its far from ghastly and is a delightful read.

Great stuff and I'm particularly fond of my new game spot the 'Gonzalez Swipe'. After David Roach's comments in the introduction to the fantastic 'The Nightcomers' story mentions that artist Jose Gonzalez's (no not that one apparently!) pencils are full of swipes I've enjoyed trying to spot them in the 16 pages of artwork (very nice it is too) presented here. I've got some I'd defo say where Gil Kane and some others I'd bet were Neil Adam's Deadman swipes. No idea if any of that is try but some I'm quite confident on!

Fantastic read. Thanks to all involved in producing this great magazine.

Satanist

Read this at the weekend and it was a splendid read, still to read the comic at the end.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

maryanddavid

maryanddavid

I have had a good few folk asking for a digital edition of 'It's Ghastly', so if anyone would like a copy drop me an email at hiberniabook@eircom.net and I will organise one.

The digital edition has an alternative cover designed and coloured by Hibernia's designer par excellence Richard Pearce, using Robin Smiths unpublished cover to Scream! number 19, pictured below.