Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

I'd comment more on this glorious thread except that the vile bitter bile I'd spit out through clenched teeth would only serve to expose how earth shattering jealous I am of all those stupendous works of wonder you all own...

Mangamax

All this talk of The Lord Of Misrule gave me a hankering to have another page from it.
So here, courtesy of Dale, we go:

Not much going on, but its lovely, lovely work. That fine line work is SO fine, done by the looks of it in one go as there's no correction fluid at all.
Up close, it looks like Clint used a very, very fine airbrush splatter nib to achieve tiny mottling effects to the trees, brickwork and (very tiny here) the ends of the chains as they break.
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

Greg M.

Presenting three of my recent acquisitions courtesy of Rufus @ ArtDroids.co.uk (after ming of this very parish tipped me off!) - as an unrepentant Bad Company devotee, to say I am happy about laying my grubby paws on these is an understatement. Better pictures up at CAF later on, but for now:

Mad Tommy

Kano fighting Protoid! Kano! Protoid! Fighting! What more could you want?

I am Danny Franks! I am the Krool Heart!

To borrow a phrase from the vernacular - aw, hell yeah!

ming

Outstanding pages, Greg - really happy for you.  It's so nice to see this stuff properly appreciated and I struggle to think of a better home for this art) other than mine, naturally ;)).

Colin YNWA

Wow they are pretty fantastic pages. Very fond of the Mad Tommy one in particular.

Greg M.

Cheers, lads. The one I was most excited to get hold of was the Protoid one (personal obsession with the character, he's the main protagonist in my favourite ever moment in comics, the decapitation of De Racine) but now that I have 'em in the flesh, the Mad Tommy one is the one with the greatest impact - it's somewhat bigger than the other two, and the inking is much bolder and not as subtle. It keeps reminding me of a line from one of the Titan collections where I think Ewins describes the art as 'Frank Miller meets Battle Picture Library'.

Mikey

That Mad Tommy page gives me goosebumps - I'm also an unrepentant Bad Co fan and have been going through it again just this week.

Someday I'll have some of the original pages, but in the meantime I don't think I've posted these here...

...from the Bad Company GN cover of a few years ago. I LOVE THEM!

Good work Greg and thanks for sharing!

M
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Greg M.

Smashing stuff, Mikey, had taken note that you were a fellow Kanoholic - those pics are certainly superb, great to get a chance to see 'em. Cheers! It's no surprise to see how well Rufus knows his way around the Bad Company cast.

macwatson

Just thought I'd drop by again and let you all know that I've finally managed to upload the majority of my artwork onto the comicartfans website. Go have a look at my meagre offerings. Click on the link let me know what you think....'kay

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=51758
I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time; like tears in rain...time to die

Dr Feeley Good

Some lovely pages there,really like your frazer irving cover and the apocalpse war dps....by the way the page you think could be by dylan teague is acually by darren chandler ! i have some of his stuff,he has done artwork for zarjaz etc..i thought it looked like his style and when you check the signature they are the same ....

ming

Continuing the recent spate of Bad Company pages...

I've got the big 4-0 coming up next weekend and hopefully this might just get here in time to take the edge off :)

Dunk!

Quality page.

Highlights Brett Ewins' use of quality photocopying for multiple panels with slight zooms.
"Trust we"

Greg M.

Think I might have said this to you before, ming, but that page is like the whole of Bad Company in microcosm - Danny writing in his diary, Kano revealing dark secrets, Thrax's unwholesome fantasies, 'regular' troops being afraid of Bad Company (and by extension highlighting how much Danny's changed), Wallbanger getting some particularly choice dialogue, Mad Tommy being mad... all you're missing is an actual Krool.

All being well, I too will have a new Bad Co. page to show off this weekend...

Greg M.

Double post, I know, but presenting my latest acquisition - my holy grail of original art, as it is my favourite page from any comic strip. Could enthuse all day about this one... Protoid's utterly satanic appearance and dialogue, De Racine snatching defeat from the jaws of victory... perfection!

Mudcrab

lol, this thread is full of Bad Company original art gold. Very impressed with it all. If I get a hold of a decent camera sometime I shall post my small collection.
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!