Main Menu

3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release

Started by Robo-K33F, 16 November, 2009, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheTooN

Not had any problems at all with elbows. tbh most all the issues I've had are down to me treating it like an action figure rather than an 'adult collectors piece'.

My regular Death is really loose in places now. I've taken it onboard and barely touched the comic book one which came later and is still stiff. His hip was dislocated on arrival but that was his only problem.

I think having Mezco Dredd first led me into a false sense of security with these. My toy background prior was Marvel/DC action figures which you can mess with forever without fear of damage.

I've had 3A peeps say maybe I should go back to Hasbro :P but I think 3A should up their production values and QC. I'm nearly 50, I dont mistreat stuff I just love posing figures.

Hopefully 3A are beavering away at improving new figures and we wont see pieces falling off in the future. If they do its a price I'm willing to pay to have 2000ad characters.

Dreddzilla

Quote from: TheTooN on 21 April, 2016, 12:48:43 PM

I've had 3A peeps say maybe I should go back to Hasbro :P but I think 3A should up their production values and QC. I'm nearly 50, I dont mistreat stuff I just love posing figures.

Did they really say that? :lol: Geez.

Atreides

My death was okej in the beginning. I dont pose with him much, I put him in a pose I like and left him like that for a while.

Then I recently did some photo shoot with mezco dredd and I noticed that his left leg was very loose and had been dislocated. I didnt move it much at all but I pushed it back in but it kept coming out when I was moving the leg.

Now I leave him alone in the figure cabine. =P
I must not Fear. Fear is the mind-killer
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration
I will face my Fear
I will permit it to pass over me and through me
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path
Where the Fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

TheTooN

It was said to me tongue in cheek on Facebook Dreddzilla but I'm under no illusion that some folk think these shouldnt be played with and us 'fiddlers' only have ourselves to blame. I get that side of the argument but If I wanted statues I'd buy statues. Why give a figure articulation at all if its not meant to be used.

I'm hopeful that the problems will be designed out in future, end of the day its Death with his skinny limbs, he's hardly robust as a character. If Dredd has similar issues when he arrives it could be trouble for the future of the line. I sincerely hope they knock it out of the park. I'd like to think I'll be buying these for years to come.

Its sad that we have to put them in one pose and leave them Atreides. Posing and taking photographs is a big part of the hobby for me and I see you enjoy it too from your Dredd V Death shots.

As much as I grumble, I absolutely love these and I'd like to thank 3A for their vision, and balls !

SIP

I also love that they are producing these,  and I'm invested,  but I have concerns over the quality issues.  When you are paying this level of money I think it's fair to expect the product to have some longevity.  They are at the same price point as mezco 1:12 collective but the build quality is nowhere close. I have several 3a figures on order,  and its incredibly expensive - so I hope a few years from now I'm not left with figures that are falling to pieces or have flaking materials.

shaolin_monkey

At the end of the day we have to accept these aren't hard wearing mass-produced Star Wars figures (back in the day I put a stormtrooper in hot chip fat and an ROTJ Luke in a hot tar making machine and they both survived), so need to treat them accordingly.  Sorting out a few poses for the collecting cabinet is probably about all it is reasonable to expect from collector figurines before bits start falling off.

Dreddzilla

Quote from: TheTooN on 22 April, 2016, 09:27:16 AM
I get that side of the argument but If I wanted statues I'd buy statues. Why give a figure articulation at all if its not meant to be used.
A-frik'n-men!

SIP

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 22 April, 2016, 12:20:04 PM
At the end of the day we have to accept these aren't hard wearing mass-produced Star Wars figures (back in the day I put a stormtrooper in hot chip fat and an ROTJ Luke in a hot tar making machine and they both survived), so need to treat them accordingly.  Sorting out a few poses for the collecting cabinet is probably about all it is reasonable to expect from collector figurines before bits start falling off.

I agree that you need to treat the premium figures with a little more care than standard figures,  the issue here is that 3a are producing a similar product at a similar price point as mezco, but apparently with far more quality issues. The product needs to be fit for purpose,  if it's sold as a poseable articulated figure then a degree of posing should be possible without breakages and damage.

teckno viking

Worse case if 3A bodies are fragile, already making preparations with more sturdier, high articulated bodies to swap the uniform onto.

Sad to have to do this though even in the 1/6th hobby you have to do this too as Hot Toys etc cannot do Articulated figures that are sturdy.

The annoying thing with Hot Toys is their arrogance due to the high volume of QC. From what ThreeA fans/collectors say Ashley is a Law unto himself and the fans be damned. Cannot confirm/deny if that is true but as said plenty in the 3A fandom Do state this.

Mardroid

Had my eye on a 3a Judge Death that seemed to be under the radar as there were no bids. Or possibly 1 bid.

So I bided my time and bid right at the last minute... and got outbid a few seconds later.

Ah well lack of the draw! Heh. Well done, if it was one of you.

Pete Wells

Id toys have Deaths for £45 and have a 10% deal on for the rest of April (so you need to be quick!)

http://www.idtoys.co.uk/search.php?search_query=dredd

You need to use coupon code "take10" at checkout.

Dreddzilla

Quote from: Pete Wells on 28 April, 2016, 12:52:48 AM
Id toys have Deaths for £45 and have a 10% deal on for the rest of April (so you need to be quick!)

http://www.idtoys.co.uk/search.php?search_query=dredd

You need to use coupon code "take10" at checkout.
That was quick.
"Sorry but this item is currently unavailable. Please check back at a later stage."

TheTooN

Quote from: Pete Wells on 17 April, 2016, 07:11:10 PM
But Sam don't need no articulated ankles if he's locked in an eternal battle with a bit big robot (as he should be!)

I had a go with Mongrol Pete.

It didnt end well  :lol:

teckno viking

TheTooN

Cheers mate, as much as I whinge about 3A's QC I absolutely love their figures. :D