Main Menu

Mezco Judge Dredd!

Started by Grugz, 22 July, 2014, 07:31:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheTooN

As I understand it, its the 'previews' limited edition. Not sure how they are distributed as lots of online retailers have it for sale. Anyone else elaborate ?

Wish I'd known they were doing the set prior to buying the standalone. Much as I like Disco Dredd I dont think I can cope with 2 and no way would I try to customise one.

Dreddzilla

Quote from: TheTooN on 28 April, 2016, 11:28:39 AM
As I understand it, its the 'previews' limited edition. Not sure how they are distributed as lots of online retailers have it for sale. Anyone else elaborate ?

Wish I'd known they were doing the set prior to buying the standalone. Much as I like Disco Dredd I dont think I can cope with 2 and no way would I try to customise one.
The way i'm going to display it is Disco Dredd in his Cloak and him on his Lawmaster. It gives the owner a chance to see Disco both with and without the rad cloak.

TheTooN

Good idea, Rad Cloak's not been on since I first got it and it was one of the selling points. Wonder what the bike/fig set comes with. I've ordered it but for the bike not the spare and accessories.

I found it hard to get the Rad Cloak to look good on him, it need folds putting in it or it looks like he's wearing a sack  :lol:

teckno viking

Well I dyed One of the DISCO DREDD suits and the Black certainly stayed. Just waiting to dry fully and reapply to A Body (going to try on another High articulated figure.

Glad your liking the custom Lawmasters. Be great with the 3A one's once they are released and now warmed to the Mezco one, so maybe one of those too.

Disco Dredd x 3 for me has been purely about the accessories. That the repaints and now Dye seems to be a Factor, HAPPY Days for full use of the PX now. Just need do some head mods so not 3 FARGO/DREDD clones lol  Though then again that Would be accurate too HAHAHA

teckno viking

Quote from: Dandontdare on 28 April, 2016, 11:15:12 AM
Excuse my ignorance but what does "PX" mean? I keep seeing it on these threads

MEZCO to date have released DREDD in three styles:-

A, Con event exclusive Black and White style.

B, Standard Black clad Uniform Dredd.

C, PX aka Disco Dredd. Shiny Blue uniform But with accurate MKII Lawgiver, Lawrod/scatter gun shotgun and Rad cloak. Plus different style helmet. As well as the standard kit of the previous releases.

There looks to be a FOURTH Dredd in Blue uniform with Blue Lawmaster but I believe an exclusive?? Though that is yet to be released.

TheTooN

I remember a catalogue being included with an order that was from or on behalf of Diamond. It contained a number of 'exclusive' items supposedly available only through Diamond or its distributors.

I think the McMahon statue 3 pack might have been where I've seen it before. I bought those from an online retailer not a comic shop though so who knows.

Edit :- Just checked last years Ebay purchases and the McMahon 3 pack was titled as follows - Previews UK Exclusive Judge Dredd Mick Mcmahon 3 pack Statues Brand New.

P=Previews
X= Exclusive

PX ?

teckno viking

The statues though are not MEZCO.

You could be onto something however with the PX designation, maybe LOL  Honestly no idea why PX so as good as any reason.

Spikes

If anyone has a spare, or unwanted Rad-cloak and Lawrod, then I'm yer man....

TheTooN

Your explanation of the different Mezco's is spot on Jason. I've not been buying toys long enough to know so I'm just guessing with the PX.

Looking forward to seeing the Lawmaster reviewed, Sounds like its going to get JB's approval which is a good sign.

teckno viking

It's DREDD related, JB approval is without Saying HAHAHAHA

@Spikes, sorry mate my 3 PX acc's are spoken for to add to the 3 custom built Lawmasters mate.

teckno viking

Using RIT DYE I dyed One of the 3 PX uniforms Black a few weeks ago.

I have waited this long before showing as each day tested the material by pulling and seeing if any reactions happened.

Happy to report for those (like me) who see Judges in Black uniforms PX now becomes the DOUBLE WHAMMY (sorry '95 haters HAHA) in that All the awesome PX Acc's and now salvageable Disco Dredd figure itself.  Yes I know some like him, I don't which annoys me all the nice acc's came with him, meaning multi buys. Least however 3 Judges will be able to join my standard Mezco Dredd now :D

Just don't forget to repaint those Elbow/Knee pads and Helmets too.

NOTE  The only Blue visible is on the INSIDE of the suit. So as said WIN in my book here.

TheTooN

Top stuff mate, chuffed for you ! I know how much that uniform ground on you ;)

teckno viking

teckno viking

Teaser though still plenty to do with the Three Lawmaster builds.

Stoney Face seems happy though.

TordelBack