Main Menu

Dredd Year Two: The Righteous Man - e-book by Michael Carroll

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 05 January, 2016, 07:16:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

Michael Carroll kicks off Year two of Dredd in the e-book series, with The Righteous Man and it's out on the 15th of January for £2.99

QuoteAs the Judges cart Rico Dredd away for questioning and exile on Titan, his clone-brother Joe comes under scrutiny. They're cut from the same cloth; can Joe Dredd be trusted? An investigation begins, and Dredd is shipped off to an iridium-mining town in the Cursed Earth, which has come under pressure from mutant raiders.
But everything is not as it seems. When the reason for the raids becomes clear, Dredd will have some tough decisions to make.

You can pre-order yours NOW!

Dash Decent

As listed in the Forthcoming Thrills thread a month ago!  Sob!

He's not half bad that Michael Carroll bloke, is he?

Hopefully we'll see this make it to another dead tree anthology edition like The Cold Light of Day did.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

TordelBack

Man, that is a gripping opening. Carroll has a real gift for writing 'proper' Joe Dredd dialogue, and this internal monologue just seems so right.  I almost never buy/read 2000AD prose but here's the exception.

Mike Carroll

First review of The Righteous Man is up at Judge-Tutor Semple's blog!

-- Mike

Mike Carroll

I chat with Molch-R about Judge Dredd - Year Two: The Righteous Man on the latest Thrillcast! (Also: news, updates, and the awesome Ian Edginton!)

-- Mike

COMMANDO FORCES

I shall enjoy listening to that at work tonight. It shall act as the starter ;)

Bat King

I put links to the review all over the place forgot here...

Rookie mistake by Judge-Tutor Semple!

(See what I did there? )
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Mike Carroll

Woohoo - three very positive reviews on Amazon.co.uk for Judge Dredd Year Two: The Righteous Man!

More reviews are of course always welcome!

-- Mike

COMMANDO FORCES

Let's hope that the next one is coming soon!

These are a blast to read and it's great to see the writers interweave things that we take for granted nowadays in the world of Dredd and flesh them out a bit. All I'll say is, 'weather control' ;)

Another enjoyable part of these stories is watching how Dredd is being talked to by the other Judges, as He's just a sprog at the moment and has to earn the respect that we saw from Prog 2.

The Legendary Shark

Read and enjoyed the first chapter. It almost makes me wish I had a bank account so I could read the rest - guess I'll have to pay a friend to buy it for me. (Being anti-bank is a real pain in the arse sometimes.)
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

WhizzBang

I have just finished reading this and enjoyed it very much. The Hanenbergers made for interesting, slightly aloof villains. Their business empire has never been mentioned in the strip as far as I know, so Michael Carroll has scope here to build them up into a menace before knocking them down for good.