Main Menu

Strontium Dog Fan Film

Started by Steve Green, 19 September, 2014, 03:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Green

I offered to cover the table while John and Carlos were at the talk - went on for an hour and seemed well attended.

Steven Sterlacchini

Getting through the ADR bit by bit.

Dubbing the grunts and growls for fights scenes is fun.

Photo by Michael Savage.

IAMTHESYSTEM

That single image on the screen looks the business. Bet JJ Abrams would love that lens flare on the lower helmet!
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Steven Sterlacchini

Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM on 16 September, 2016, 09:29:07 PM
That single image on the screen looks the business. Bet JJ Abrams would love that lens flare on the lower helmet!

Haha. I'm pretty sure that's a reflection on the Monitor, but it had me wondering for a minute.

Dash Decent

The secret is out.  X-ray eyes weren't enough so they've given Alpha x-ray ears as well.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

COMMANDO FORCES

Goaty

Awesome! Love to be involve in some supports.

Steve Green

COMMANDO FORCES

We killed a goat on the first day of filming for good luck ;)

Goaty

IAMTHESYSTEM

Very impressive! The flying bikes really nailed it for me. They added such a fine touch so similar to  Ezqueera's art from the comic. Great to have Edmund Dehn back and the two leads were certainly convincing as Alpha and Wulf plus some shoot-y action. If a goat had to die for this pic it's okay by me:Hail Satan! :thumbsup:     
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Steve Green

Cheers!

Bikes still need work, but yeah it's fun to get some of Carlos designs on screen.

Goaty

What VFX software on it?

I been work on After Effects at old job.

Steve Green

3DS Max for the 3D side of things, although Alex and Ronan's ship and doghouse were modeled in Maya and brought in.

After Effects on the compositing side - Johnny's eyes were/are the most time consuming - tracked in Mocha (comes bundled with After Effects).

I usually tracked the cheek/area around the eye, so blinks wouldn't affect the track - then linked a mask to that.

Should be OK doing the rest myself, got into a pretty good rythm doing it.