Main Menu

Rebellion buys classic comic archive

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 25 August, 2016, 10:37:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

O Lucky Stevie!

8 pages of posts & nobody has pondered about the chances are of John Smith being willing to pick up all those new plot threads that he introduced in that epilogue back in 1989 now that Rebellion own the rights to New Statesmen?

Fo' shame!
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

The Monarch

Does rebellion own crisis (or revolver) now?

Lobo Baggins

Quote from: The monarch on 31 August, 2016, 04:10:28 PM

We don't have enough information to find out - they ought to, but Crisis was, at least in part, creator owned; Revolver ought to be part of the deal unless it's already been bought up by the Dan Dare Corp as it had Dare running in it.

We're going to have to wait for The List!
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

Mute77

I'd love to see some Crisis or Revolver collections.

Silent_Bomber

These guys deserve a knighthood

Pretty sure these were creator-owned (Rogan Gosh was later published by DC Comics)

Frank

Quote from: Silent_Bomber on 31 August, 2016, 06:32:23 PM

Pretty sure these were creator-owned (Rogan Gosh was later published by DC Comics)

They can't be purely creator owned, otherwise Tharg wouldn't have been able to tempt Garth Ennis into writing Helter Skelter in exchange for the publishing rights to Troubled Souls*. Maybe DC did the same with Rogan Gosh.

Pat Mills says he's been trying unsuccessfully for years to convince whoever held the publishing rights to Third World War to reprint them - which obviously wouldn't have been a problem if the strip was entirely creator owned.

* Which Green Bonce had to buy specially from Egmont.

Silent_Bomber

Quote from: Frank on 31 August, 2016, 07:01:57 PM
Quote from: Silent_Bomber on 31 August, 2016, 06:32:23 PM

They can't be purely creator owned, otherwise Tharg wouldn't have been able to tempt Garth Ennis into writing Helter Skelter in exchange for the publishing rights to Troubled Souls*. Maybe DC did the same with Rogan Gosh.

Pat Mills says he's been trying unsuccessfully for years to convince whoever held the publishing rights to Third World War to reprint them - which obviously wouldn't have been a problem if the strip was entirely creator owned.

* Which Green Bonce had to buy specially from Egmont.

That's true, I'd forgotten about hearing that about Troubled Souls.

I has a look through some of the issues I have, Revolver always seems to give the copyright to the writers and artists, but Crisis does not. I think True Faith is still currently being published by DC Comics though and that one was definitely from Crisis.

Colin YNWA

Well maybe no one whats to publish Third World War cos its a bit rubbish?

Now New Statesmen on the other hand, whoever owns that should be reprinting the crap out of that wonder. Adore it.

Another forgotten gem from Crisis is Sticky Fingers, it was quite superb and deserves to see the light of day.

8-Ball

Quote from: M.I.K. on 27 August, 2016, 03:43:59 PM
Quote from: Dandontdare on 27 August, 2016, 03:03:02 PM
PS - why did girls comics all have such unimaginative names?

Because nicking the names of military aircraft didn't seem as appropriate.

I don't know, Stuka would've been a great name for a Girls' comic.
Also, I would love an Oink hardback collection. All in all, this is fantastic news.
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

maryanddavid

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 31 August, 2016, 09:05:24 PM

Now New Statesmen on the other hand, whoever owns that should be reprinting the crap out of that wonder. Adore it.

Another forgotten gem from Crisis is Sticky Fingers, it was quite superb and deserves to see the light of day.

A bit harsh on TWW, the  first arc is pretty good and that art, some of Carlos' finest!
Later episodes were hit and miss, John Hinklentons art was incredible.

Agree with New Statesman, didnt get on with Sticky Finger, might be worth a reread.

Hawkmumbler

'Slams fists on desk' New Statesman! New Statesman! New Statesman!

Trout

Quote from: maryanddavid on 31 August, 2016, 10:10:18 PM
Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 31 August, 2016, 09:05:24 PM

A bit harsh on TWW, the  first arc is pretty good and that art, some of Carlos' finest!
Later episodes were hit and miss, John Hinklentons art was incredible.

Agree with New Statesman, didnt get on with Sticky Finger, might be worth a reread.

Full agreement here. I liked TWW and I loved New Statesmen. I even have a couple of pages of Baikie art from it.

Dandontdare

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 31 August, 2016, 09:05:24 PMAnother forgotten gem from Crisis is Sticky Fingers, it was quite superb and deserves to see the light of day.
#

Sticky Fingers looks very dated now - it's very 90s Camden.

I reread my old Crisis recently and the characters in SF that I thought were so cool back in the day just came across as layabout twats in the ...um ... what the fuck are we in now? We're 6 years past the noughties ... the teens? (FFS there must be a better name!)

Whatever, it hasn't aged well.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Trout on 31 August, 2016, 11:19:19 PM
I loved New Statesmen. I even have a couple of pages of Baikie art from it.

Man I am so jealous of this. My art buying has stalled of late but for a Baike New Statesman page I'd be right back at it. At the top of my wish list.

I re-read both Sticky Fingers and Third World War about 5 years ago and it'll be no surprise to anyone I whittered about it here

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php?topic=33704.msg615104#msg615104

IAMTHESYSTEM

The Leopard from Lime Street. I know the name but forgot the comic so here a bit via youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPeI7GCUB9E
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla