Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Tankie

Maurice White of the great Earth Wind and Fire RIP

rogue69

Former pro-wrestler Brian Knighton aka Axl Rotten dead at 44 from a suspected drug overdose outside a McDonald's

Ghost MacRoth

Edgar Mitchell.  One of the 12 men who have walked on the moon, at 85. :(
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Ghost MacRoth on 05 February, 2016, 11:11:05 PM
Edgar Mitchell.  One of the 12 men who have walked on the moon, at 85. :(

He walked on the moon at 85? Impressive...
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

JayzusB.Christ

Strange; I was only listening to a podcast about him yesterday.  Actually not strange at all, given that I listen to about three billion podcasts about six trillion different subjects at work every day.  He knew aliens, him. Except, of course, he didn't.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

von Boom

That's really sad about Mitchell. I only wish we had continued to follow in those 12's footsteps. Who knows how it may have changed the world. RIP. :(

TordelBack

Only 7 left now - but when you think that all would be in their mid-80's or 90's now (the great Alan Shepard was 47 when he went to the moon!) that's not a bad number.

Ghost MacRoth

Didn't realise there there were that many still around!  It is a good number indeed.  Although I expect it will diminish quite rapidly in the near future. :(
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Spikes

I still struggle to accept that Neil Armstrong is no longer with us..

But here's to the 12. Those still with us, and those that are not.

Something Fishy

Quote from: Tordelback on 06 February, 2016, 01:31:03 PM
Only 7 left now - but when you think that all would be in their mid-80's or 90's now (the great Alan Shepard was 47 when he went to the moon!) that's not a bad number.

He was older than I am now.  That's remarkable when I think how knackered my body feels already.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Something Fishy on 07 February, 2016, 12:59:29 PM
Quote from: Tordelback on 06 February, 2016, 01:31:03 PM

He was older than I am now.  That's remarkable when I think how knackered my body feels already.

Me too.  And I'm in the middle of arthritis tests...
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

ZenArcade

Hope the tests go well dude. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

JayzusB.Christ

Cheers; I don't think it's anything too serious though. Still, you never know; best nip it in the bud if possible.

GordonR

Artist Wayne England, who did a huge amount of work for Games Workshop and, after that, companies like Wizards of the Coast.  His work surely defined a lot of the look of the Warhammer universes, and - even though I don't think he ever did comics - there must be comic artists out there today influenced by his work.

TordelBack

Quote from: GordonR on 09 February, 2016, 05:10:14 PM
Artist Wayne England, who did a huge amount of work for Games Workshop and, after that, companies like Wizards of the Coast.  His work surely defined a lot of the look of the Warhammer universes, and - even though I don't think he ever did comics - there must be comic artists out there today influenced by his work.

His 40K and WHFB stuff was a bit after my time as far as my interest in GW went, but he did some lovely fantasy portrait and beastie stuff for 3rd Ed D&D that I remember well. The man did a mean goblin too.