Main Menu

Life's so drokking fantastic because (the rebirth)

Started by vzzbux, 22 April, 2010, 08:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZenArcade

They gonna clone ye Goaty. No, congratulations Dude. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Hawkmumbler

Well this might sound daft of me but after some consideration i've decided to stay in the UK. Yeah sure, I would probably love the dive job but how secure would it be? Guernsey has a competitive market for dive schools and schools go under regularly, so i've decided to stick to my current plans.

I'll remain in the North-West, i'll start flat sharing with a uni mate as soon as he move's out of the dorm and i'll get a job in the city center. I've got some job interviews coming up for full time bar work (Insertpopularchainrestauranttm and a bar on canal street) at a better rate than i'm currently being payed, so I hope to abandon retail for now and flee the hell hole that is Bolton soon.

I'll be traveling with the family in April to help them settle in, but mainly i'll just be with the dogs and (sedated*) cats for the long drive down south. But I don't think living their full time is for me, as DDD rightly pointed out it's not the kind of environment I would fit into, and certainly isn't catered to my age bracket or personal tastes.

TordelBack

Didn't fancy being the only LGBTQI in the village, huh?  ;)

Sounds like you made a considered and balanced decision - plus one that gives you a Channel Islands retreat when required. Good call.

Devons Daddy

My eldest son (Devon) graduated today........

F&B studies, foolishness runs in the blood it appears.

to his ceremony i wore the ultimate cufflinks.
Planet replicas JUSTICE DEPT EAGLES..

I wished to share that here, 39 years of 2000ad being an integral part of my world, it felt right for it to be involved in a manner that would be relevant in some way in such a moment.
As my wife was in labour 20 years ago on Feb 27th. I read a pile of back progs
as he graduated I wore the emblems .

THANKYOU THARG, 2000ad and the board.
LIFE IS DROKKING FANTASTIC  :D

I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

TordelBack

The Legendary Shark

Nice one, well done Devon and your Daddy. What's F&B Studies?
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Something Fishy

Dandontdare

NIce one DD, congratulations  :thumbsup:. From the pics you've posted over the years, you've done okay out of the F&B (food and beverage) industry, here's to your son doing the same.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

von Boom

JayzusB.Christ

Congrats, D&DD!

Me, I've just finished a gruelling 2-month-long mural contract (painting the rooms of a Crystal-Maze-style adventure zone thingy) and am about to get a nice paycheque which will have me out of debt for the first time in about 15 years.  Just as importantly, I've got a wee bit more free time and something approaching a social life back again.

Also, it's starting to feel a little bit like spring out there.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Hawkmumbler

Nice one Jayzus! Have yourself a pat on the back!

TordelBack

Cool, you'll have to let us know where that is when it's open, Jayzus. I'm in the middle of a hellish shift that is now 31 hours straight and no sign of an end, but I've also booked a cottage in Kerry and a week off to enjoy it over Easter from the proceeds, so it's all groovy as.

Also using my sleep deprivation to come up with RPG encounters to run for the family over the holiday. Multi-tasking!

JayzusB.Christ

Thanks, guys!

Also, fair play, TB; Kerry is always a good spot to relax (or get hammered if that's your wont).  Me, I'm heading over to stay a couple of nights with my brother in his cabin in a woods near Leicester soon; which I believe will be well worth the very high risk of being serial-killed.

The thing I was working on is called GoQuest, I think, and is in North Park, Finglas.  Should be open on the 4th of March if all goes to plan.  Sadly I'm not allowed to show any pictures, but it looks like it should be a belter of a day out.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

ming

Quote from: Tordelback on 27 February, 2016, 03:44:40 PMAlso using my sleep deprivation to come up with RPG encounters to run for the family over the holiday. Multi-tasking!

It's probably a sign of the times in which we live that I initially wondered what kind of family fun rocket propelled grenade encounters you were planning...  The penny dropped eventually, I'm happy to say.