Main Menu

My Awesome Millennium Falcon Build Thread!

Started by hippynumber1, 08 February, 2015, 05:47:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buttonman

I have very little interest in Star Wars and absolutely none in model making yet I'm drawn to this thread every time it is updated!

hippynumber1

Thank you, Buttonman, for your interest.

First coat of paint for red panels before 'distressing'... These painted stages are optional but I couldn't think of any reason not to give it a go.

Ghost MacRoth

Optional??  Have they any idea the type of folk they are selling this to! :D
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

hippynumber1

Quote from: Ghost MacRoth on 06 February, 2016, 03:50:21 PM
Optional??  Have they any idea the type of folk they are selling this to! :D

Hey, you watch your mou...oh, fair point, actually.  ;)

Ghost MacRoth

Heh, remember, I'm just waiting for you to finish, so I know I can buy the kit in one hit!  At that point...OCD will be a major factor in it's construction! :D
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Zenith 666

If not for the mega collection I think we'd all have this.Thanks Tharg,Molch-r and Hachette.

Jim_Campbell

I love this thread. That is all.

Carry on...

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

hippynumber1

TordelBack

Brother but that is looking wonderfully gribbly! And this is just the underside.

hippynumber1

Quote from: Tordelback on 07 February, 2016, 05:26:34 PM
Brother but that is looking wonderfully gribbly! And this is just the underside.

I will assume 'gribbly' is a good thing...  :-\

Mikey

You've probably said earlier on, but did you paint the whole thing or was it just a wash? Looks perfect in any case, and the colour on the panels is a must and really brings it alive.

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

hippynumber1

Hi Mikey.

On the underside, the only parts I've painted (so far) are the red and grey panels; the body of the thing is already that dirty light grey you see in the pictures. I guess this is why they say the painting is 'optional'; it really would look pretty good without the modifications I'm doing. Not being anything like a pro modeller I'm only going for a very light modification with brushes; the intructions we're being provided are for the really top-notch guys with air-brushes etc and involves a complete respray of the hull in a base colour and then layering on top of that.

hippynumber1

Yellow panels and 'rust' lines.

Light grey and dark 'oil' smears

TordelBack

I'm intrigued by the missing panel(s) beside the forward hold(s).  What's going on there?

hippynumber1

That's where the maintenance recesses go (the bits with my lovely copper pipes); not long until they are attached...