Main Menu

Fanzine Archive Launched

Started by David Price, 26 October, 2015, 02:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Price

Okay, a little later in the year than I had hoped, but I think I've ironed out enough of the bugs, so that I can officially launch the zine archive site.

If I'd waited until all the pdf's were uploaded you wouldn't be seeing this until Christmas, but I think there's enough there now to wet your appetite about what's to come.

Right now, you can read issues of: AFTER IMAGE, AKA, APOCALYPSE, ARKEN SWORD, BEM, DIRECT CURRENTS, COMIC MEDIA NEWS, FANTASY ADVERTISER, FANTASY TRADER, FASTER THAN LIGHT, GRAPHIC SENSE, OGRE, ORPHEUS, and THE PANELHOUSE.

Over the next few months, I'll be posting all the other issues of these that I have, and other titles too.

Once again: Many, MANY thanks to everyone who has helped make this possible, and especially to all the Editors for their generosity.

I hope you enjoy reading these zines. Please feel free to leave comments and brickbats on the 'letters of Comment' page at the site, but please bear in mind that I have a fragile ego, and that I bruise easily  ;)

http://classicukcomicszines.weebly.com/

Frank

Whever Thrillpower Overload mentioned an interview with a 2000ad creator in something like Arkensword or BEM, it always made me sad because I knew I would never read the full interview. Thanks for putting that right, David.

Fungus

This is what the internet was made for  :)
Shall be having a proper rummage when time allows. Great stuff, David.

David Price

My pleasure, I hope the site will bring back lots of happy memories for people :)

JOE SOAP

Wonderful. Some of those interviews are extensive with unique illustrations.

Colin YNWA

Wow - that's a pretty fantastic resource. Thanks for sharing.

Spikes

Looks to be excellent stuff.
So thank you for all the time and effort that you have put into this! :thumbsup:

As others have said, these Fanzines are a veritable treasure trove of unique goodies. Looking forward to delving deeper.

David Price

Thanks guys, over the next few weeks and months I hope to make it into comprehensive resource.

David Price

Some new zines uploaded (I'm hoping to average one a day).

I've also added a 'Spotlight' page to the site, to highlight a particular zine upload, or for a guest to talk about their history and involvement with Fandom. So if anyone wants to review one of the zines, or just write about their time as a contributor / editor / publisher, I'd be happy to include it :D

Dave.

Bolt-01

I've yet to do more than glance at this, but my word what a wonderful thing it is.

David Price

I think you guys might like this one; interviews with Alan Moore and Steve Dillon :D

Arken Sward 11

http://www.weebly.com/editor/main.php

David Price

That would be "Sword" of course... I really must get some sleep.

David Price

Today's update.

COMIXINE #6 (Incorporating The Comic Review) - 1981
By Howard Stangroom (Co-Ed: Maureen James)

Leigh S

Great stuff! I think Arkensword 11 is a missing one in my run (looking at the PDF didnt spark any memories!), so good to see that gap plugged!

AS ever, I am more than happy to fill a few more gaps as this expands if there's something I have that hasnt yet been provided

David Price

Ta Leigh, uploads are averaging one a day at the moment, so always worth keeping an eye open for what's been posted. I'll not post every day here, as it might be viewed as spamming.