Main Menu

i-phone help

Started by Dandontdare, 04 January, 2016, 08:05:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

Quote from: radiator on 04 February, 2016, 07:26:14 PMFor reasons known only to Apple, this forces every single purchase made by either of us to be charged to my debit card, including things like my girlfriend's Spotify subscription.
That's because of what family sharing really is: a single account that can be shared with several people, rather than a combination of several accounts. So there's one person with ownership and others gain access. Given the insane amount of legal crap Apple likely had to wade through with this, I'm amazed it exists at all, even though it is, as you note, an issue. That said, why doesn't your girlfriend just subscribe to Spotify separately? There's no need nor reason do subscribe via the App Store.

QuoteAlso seriously considering taking the Apple TV back for a refund. It's just sitting there gathering dust at the moment because it simply can't stream TV content as reliably as the TV or Playstation.
Does it keep disconnecting? Which gen is it? I had some issues here on a BT Infinity router until I killed the dual band. That trips up a lot of Apple kit (and plenty also from other manufacturers). After that point, it's been more reliable than our Samsung telly, which seems to think it's fun to quit streaming halfway through an episode of something we're just getting into.

Professor Bear

IndigoPrime

The sad thing are is that Apple's actually doing the right thing here, because it's essential that touch ID integrity is retained for security reasons. But the lack of information or warnings about this for those affected is truly appalling.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 06 February, 2016, 02:16:43 PM
The sad thing are is that Apple's actually doing the right thing here, because it's essential that touch ID integrity is retained for security reasons.

This is absolutely true. The inverse of this story is: "Unlicensed repair outfit circumvented my Touch ID and emptied my bank account." In most circumstances, I think people would take the bricking of their phone over the draining of their bank and PayPal accounts.

So, yes, I agree entirely that Apple should have been much more upfront in making people aware of this, but it was definitely the right thing to do.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.