Main Menu

The things you believed as a child.

Started by richerthanyou, 09 January, 2016, 10:54:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

richerthanyou

That The Ramones were all brothers. That was a tough pill to swallow....

Add yours :)
(  ゚,_ゝ゚)   

Spikes

NapalmKev

Santa, Jesus, and a just and fair political system.

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

skurvy

That the devil lived in our toilet. Our bathroom was located right at the top of our stairs and I was convinced if I looked up the stairs I would see him sitting there on the bog, all in black wearing a black top hat. Having a poo.

DrRocka

That the world was black and white until about 1970, when someone invented colour, and Monty Python and Pink Floyd were both famous explorers
Never ever bloody anything ever

JayzusB.Christ

I believed that the Americans dropped the H-bomb on Berlin; and that 'grexnix' was a proper word (the first 'x' being silent, for some reason).  Thanks, Tharg
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

ZenArcade

I believed an echo from the forest opposite a glen on our farm was the voice of a creature called Hammie in the wood. My cousin had me convinced. Zonked
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

8-Ball

That Gabrielle only had one eye and really did need that eye patch. The betrayal!
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

TordelBack

Quote from: 8-Ball on 10 January, 2016, 07:06:29 PM
That Gabrielle only had one eye and really did need that eye patch.

Lisa Lopez must have confused the bejayzus out of you!

The Enigmatic Dr X

That naughty boys could be sucked down the plug hole (thanks to Auntie Anne for a made up story one bed time).

For years my brother and I fought over who had to pull the plug, and we had a kind of tug of war set up to stay safe. The lucky one would stand in the doorway, with a hand braced against the frame and the other outstretched. The unlucky one would have a hand behind, grasping his brother's, and then lean slloooowly into the bath to yank out the chain.

EDIT: Quite why we thought we were naughty is lost in the mists of time.
Lock up your spoons!

richerthanyou

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 10 January, 2016, 10:54:09 PM
That naughty boys could be sucked down the plug hole (thanks to Auntie Anne for a made up story one bed time).

Even now I won't pull the plug in the bath until after I've gotten out.
(  ゚,_ゝ゚)   

sheridan

Quote from: 8-Ball on 10 January, 2016, 07:06:29 PMThat Gabrielle only had one eye and really did need that eye patch. The betrayal!
Pretty sure that she did need that eye patch at one point, but just before she became famous.  Not that I care enough to actual have a quick look on the internet to establish one way or the other...

richerthanyou

Quote from: sheridan on 11 January, 2016, 01:48:01 AM
Pretty sure that she did need that eye patch at one point, but just before she became famous.  Not that I care enough to actual have a quick look on the internet to establish one way or the other...

According to the internet she has ptosis of the eyelid. Apparently Paris Hilton has it too.
(  ゚,_ゝ゚)   

TordelBack

Quote from: richerthanyou on 11 January, 2016, 04:28:09 AM
Apparently Paris Hilton has it too.

There's a name you don't hear anymore, thank Grud.

Something Fishy

As do I along with my worsening strabismus.

Means my eyes like to wobble away from each other and my damned right eye often won't stay open now so I often wear a patch.  I pretty much can't see now without it due to the double vision.

I should become a celeb  :D. But sadly I need more talent than just dodgy eyes  :-[