Main Menu

...2000AD Loaded advert, its not for girls...

Started by ARRISARRIS, 12 July, 2007, 01:51:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARRISARRIS

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c234/opaqueentity/100_1721.jpg">

ARRISARRIS

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c234/opaqueentity/100_1720.jpg">

ARRISARRIS

...so how many of these ads are there? from what was said in the book i thought there was only one, but then this over one turns up, any ideas peeps???...

davidbishop

These two were the lot. Two too many, IMHO.

db

Adrian Bamforth

There was a connection between the editors wasn't there? I seem to remember it mentioning it in another Loaded article about 2000AD, it was a bit of opportunistic networking. I think the one with Dredd on the cover had comic-themed photoshoots with Durham Red, that worked better I recall.

The Monarch

Yeah that first one was the one that I saw in an issue of cvg round about the time which I actually still have it is really scary to think someone actually thought this was a good idea brr. Full credit though for mister Bishop and diggle who wanted nothing to do with them

davidbishop

The Loaded cover and feature were a 20th anniversary tie-in. Those two repugnant ads came later, IIRC. IPC owed Egmont Fleetway money and it was easier for them to give Egmont some free ads. 2000 AD got the ad space - hurrah! But some genius in marketing deciding to use those two pages to insult half the population of the country. Bizarrely, Egmont Fleetway had a female managing director.

davidbishop

davidjatt

I can see why sexist drivel like those ads appeared in Loaded, but that still doesn't explain the appearance in Gamesmaster.  It was a page beside the PC cheats, I think, back when I enjoyed reading it.
Surely a Dredd picture would have served better in a magazine like that?  I'm probably talking arse though.

Peter Wolf

It was better when you had to click on something to see this picture.

Now she jumps out of the screen at you.

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

VampiraJen

Queen Firey-Bou

...sigh....

theres a few things i don't get right enough, but well written & drawn comics isnt one of them.

satchmo

I read about these ads of course but I haven't seen before until now. Jesus...
I'm showing them to my sister next time she wants to read Zenith :)

Adrian Bamforth

Ironically, with much of Grant Morrison's writing since, NOBODY gets it.