Main Menu

Sketch books help....

Started by strontium71, 21 February, 2016, 03:45:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

strontium71

A bit of help needed , please -

I have three sketchbooks in which I've been getting all sorts of sketches drawn over the years. From conventions like the two Kapows , Bristol , Exeter and Cardiff cons , and others.
They come in perforated A4 books , and my question is because I wish to sell them , do I sell them whole - so a buyer can continue filling the remaining pages , or shall I carefully remove them and sell them individually? Certain artists for certain buyers etc...
Any advice?
...because I hate you.

Spikes

I suppose if the pages are perforated then removal isn't a problem, so selling individually is certainly do-able.
Best option - less faffing about and not being left with pages you cant sell, would be to sell complete.

Might be an idea to list up/post photos of whats what, then see what interest it generates.

matty_ae

I agree with the above.

Something really changed around 2007 when artists looked across the pond and realised you could charge a lot more from sketches. Before then it was free/£5/£10 now its £20/£50/£100+

So in your book your likely to have a fantastic mix of artists who are charing a lot more.

The only thing I'd say is your sketch book is unique - do you really need to sell it - cos money will always come back to you but you'll never replace it once sold.