Main Menu

Help...I Can't Fix My Screen Resolution.

Started by ThryllSeekyr, 24 February, 2016, 01:55:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

Ever since, I installed a game called The Last Dogma. My audio started making buzzing noise (Which I fixed by just moving some wiring around the back of the computer.) and the screen resolution got bigger. So that I had to move the mouse to edge of the screen just to see more of it so I can navigate the entire desktop. All the icons are bigger.

Now I have gone into the screen options menu to adjust the resolution and I've tried nearly everyone, but they all look like a some variation of being too large for my screen and always with bigger icons. I don't need it to be that big and find it almost intolerable. Because of the amount of mouse scrolling I need to do to get around the screen.

I tried several things to fix this including restarting the computer hot and cold by just switching it off and waiting five minutes before switching it on again. I have also tried using the Norton 360 Anti-Virus Software by scanning the entire computer for bugs, hacks, exploits, and then downloading the update, running performance tasks, running the self-diagnostic.

The only thing I haven't tried is a full or partial restore?

You know how some games, adjust the resolution of your desktop while they are running and sometimes I notice this as plain as the nose on my face, but they always reset the resolution to how it was whenever I quit from playing them. This time it's stuck in any resolution that seems too big for the screen and it it's not right that none of the settings resolve this that way I would like it to.

I even checked the other computer, since I had set it up in the same room and it was fine it's set at 1400 by 900. So I did the same thing on this one and it's still not right.

Banners

Sounds like your PC is using the onboard graphics rather than your graphics card. Suggest first step is to reinstall and/or update the card's drivers.

ThryllSeekyr

Nvidia demands that I download the latest version of Java before it will scan for my correct drivers....

Banners

Java is quite legitimate. Surprised you've not come across it before.

ThryllSeekyr

Java has been a bit screwy with my machine in the past. It seems to be fixed now, I just downloaded some driver manually. I really know if they wee the right one, but did so anyway.