Main Menu

Life is sometimes sort of okay because...

Started by House of Usher, 23 March, 2009, 05:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

A "kraken curtain" on a houseboat sounds more like a preventative measure than a style choice...
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 27 January, 2017, 11:10:52 AM
A "kraken curtain" on a houseboat sounds more like a preventative measure than a style choice...

😀. In fairness I've seen worse things than krakens in the Grand Canal.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

sheridan

I think unless Rebellion brings out an aquatic-themed shower curtain, half the board is going to have a kraken curtain by the end of the year!

sheridan

Quote from: sheridan on 28 January, 2017, 09:38:09 AM
I think unless Rebellion brings out an aquatic-themed shower curtain, half the board is going to have a kraken curtain by the end of the year!
On which note, I can't think of many aquatic stories - apart from the Atlantis JD story and that one where Inspector Ramm swims down to the houses of parliament.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

sheridan

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 28 January, 2017, 09:47:05 AM
Disaster 1990!

Good call - what better while having a shower than having Bill and Bamber staring grimly out from the DUK-W?  Nice blog post from Pye Parr about the creation of the floppy reprint covers.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Proudhuff

Dredd shower curtains, now yer talkin'!.... first one to say 'Gibbon's Anderson' is having an early bath!
DDT did a job on me

TordelBack

Proudhuff

Quote from: TordelBack on 28 January, 2017, 03:55:37 PM
Halo and Kititirik Tikrikitit for me.

there's three of you in that relationship...
DDT did a job on me

sheridan

Kititirik Tikrikitit and Halo is a good one, but how could I also forget the entirety of Flesh Book Two?

Mardroid

I guess something from Red Seas would be suitable, albeit a lot of those stories actually happen on land.

JayzusB.Christ

Monday was another fun day out as an extra on Vikings.  Having previously been a guard, a whaler, a butcher, a boatbuilder and a fishmonger, finally I get to be a warrior, running into battle roaring with a giant wall of flames behind me.  And getting paid for it into the bargain.

I'm not allowed to post photos of the set, sadly, but here's me in my gear (I'm actually supposed to be a whale-butcher here; I borrowed someone else's axe to look hard).

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Dandontdare

Cool! (though I still always expect you to look like Sly Stallone!)

Are those your own long curly locks or fakes?