Main Menu

Appropriate comics/graphic novels/etc for 13-15 year old girls...?

Started by blackmocco, 17 June, 2015, 12:07:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Link Prime

Reading the Interrogation in this months Meg with James Robinson reminded me of one of the best "all ages" comic I'd ever come across; Leave it to Chance.
It's written by Robinson with lovely cartoonish yet detailed artwork by Paul Smith.
I have the initial run from the mid 90's, and must dig it out again- some really charming stuff if I recall.

According to the Wiki, it never made it past issue 13, so not much material out there unfortunately.

Jim_Campbell

To my shame, I forgot about this thread and thus forgot to plug the breezy, thoroughly charming, sort-of-1950s girl detective mini Goldie Vance and runaway-delinquents-in-space SF romp Joyride. (Reviews for Joyride #1 refer to it as a mini, but it's been converted to an ongoing title on the back of great critical reactor to the first couple of issues.)

Cheers

Jim

(Apologies for plugging books I've worked on, but I don't have time to read much else. And these really are good...)
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Tjm86

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 06 December, 2015, 04:02:43 PM
I just finished the first volume of Lumberjanes and must emphasise this, it's ideal comics for all ages. Whimsical and brilliantly funny, vibrant and endlessly entertaining. Perfect for getting young sprogletts into comics as well.

plus at the moment volume 1 is only 99p at amazon.