Main Menu

Ebay watch.

Started by maryanddavid, 14 May, 2012, 12:21:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maryanddavid

Phil Com has listed a good load of early 2000ad stuff, Including first issues with gifts etc.
He has a few issues of the Crunch too, a kind of Action lite from DCT, if anyone is interested in 70's comics its worth a look.

David

Colin YNWA

Any chance of a linkie?

Buttonman

Some cracking lots from Phil there - I could spend a fortune and that'd just be on the divorce!

Colin YNWA

There certainly is... hmmm maybe I could try to venture into those first 40 issues...

Thanks for that.

Emperor

Judge Hershey by Car Critchlow, just one panel but a big one:

QuoteBack when Carl was doing each panel seperately, scanning them into his computer and working on them there.

This is much larger than the final appeared in the Prog - bigger than A4 but smaller than A3 - and , of course, doesn't really show a dead Hershey.

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2000AD-Dredd-JUDGE-HERSHEY-Carl-Critchlow-/160812164038

Current bid is £3.20, 2 days to go, sorry if I've just pissed on someone's chips here by highlighting it. ;)

There is also a must-have page for MACH One fans, offers currently stand at £1,250:

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MACH-ONE-Rare-Original-2000AD-Comic-Art-From-ISSUE-ONE-No-Dredd-Issue-/190586178663
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Spikes

Quote from: Emperor on 07 June, 2012, 03:42:40 PM
There is also a must-have page for MACH One fans, offers currently stand at £1,250:
www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MACH-ONE-Rare-Original-2000AD-Comic-Art-From-ISSUE-ONE-No-Dredd-Issue-/190586178663

Thats a very lovely page.

Spikes

Good lord! did somebody just pay £137.00 for what is almost certainly a print? Gulp. Nice of the seller to be as vague as possible. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300723172199

hippynumber1

I know! Nearly bid on that myself then had a major 'hang onnnnn...' moment. Sent him a couple of questions and 'tips' on how to spot whether it was original or a print and he ignored it! Someone's either got a MASSIVE bargain or been majorly screwed!

ming

It would be very easy to distinguish the original cover from a print, just based on presence or absence of the pasted-on logo and various bits of text.  I've never seen, or heard of, a print like this but at the same time I'm fairly sure this cover was in Rufus' collection and listed on CAF until fairly recently when he stripped it all down.

Will be interesting to see if it pops ip again, anyway - if it was the original art it was a complete bargain (add a zero for a more likely price).

Leigh S

They did a series of prints - i think TomFrame did them???

I have a lovely one that is an unused fully painted Carlos cover from Stone Killers, featuring Red, McNulty.. hope I still ahve it anyway - moving house and Ive yet to sort out my posters and tubes!

Also got a Bolland Dredd (first mega special cover) and dark judges cover - the Kano one was one of the prints offered at the time, so its almost certainly olne of those

hippynumber1

Quote from: ming on 16 June, 2012, 06:20:01 PM
It would be very easy to distinguish the original cover from a print, just based on presence or absence of the pasted-on logo and various bits...

That's pretty much what I suggested to the seller but, like I said...so I assumed it was a print and steered well clear!

Spikes

We'll have to keep an eye on the sellers feedback, see what kinda comment is left for it,  ;)

opaque

Interesting (and I've seen a few of the prints actually sold as prints over the years) but what confuses me is how I managed to actually miss this as I check just about every day :P