Main Menu

Megazine 364 - The Spirit of the law

Started by Eamonn Clarke, 12 September, 2015, 03:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghost MacRoth

Cover: Carlos never misses a beat.

Dredd: Again, Carlos' art is flawless, and the tale rounds up nicely with deaths all round! :D  Not a tale I expect to see return despite the ending, feels more of a one off.

Interrogation 1: Skipped

Interrogation 2: Skipped

Demon Nic:  Again problems with the layout...and what charm this had to begin with is fading fast.  So he's the wise cracking demonic key to something is he?  Shouldn't he have a big stone hand? :/

Dinner Party: Not bad at all.

Storm Warning: Turning into a kinda zombie tale without zombies....Nothing bad about that, or the tale in general at this point, but not gripping me too much.  Only thing to note was the h-wagon interior on the first page is unnecessarily bloody huge.

Lawless:  Lovely layout, some great individual panels. Scrtipt rolls along effortlessly, and while not much happens this episode (until the end of course!), it did not feel like filler to me.  Great strip.

And the promise of a return of Total War by Wagner and MacNeil is a very welcome one!
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

sheridan

Ghost MacRoth

I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Buttonman

Buttonman

Ooh ooh any familiar names? From Paisley?

Eamonn Clarke

Ian Philips, Blackpool
Mike Morgan, USA
John-Paul Power, Ireland
Jordan Smith, Glasgow
James Newell, email

Buttonman

Thanks Eamonn - Mike Morgan the only familiar name there - puts him ahead of his Colonial rival Mr Butler.

Proudhuff

Read this all at the weekend and kinda forgot most of it!  :-[

Cover: Nice bit o' Carlos

Dredd: Nice bit o' Carlos, all tied up nicely nicely thank you.

Interrogation 1: Skipped. Not an art style I like, my bad.

Interrogation 2: Skimmed, having see his lecture at The Lakes, this thinly disguised advert for The Sculptor never slowed me down.

Demon Nic:  Its me, its me, just can't get a handle on the tone of this piece. and skipped the last couple of pages

Dinner Party: written word story, so one for later.

Storm Warning:   some nice Bolland like images but sorry to say but nothing arresting me here either

Lawless:  Nice twist at the end but the art needs a bit tonality to add depth/third dimension, and maybe a bit 'less is more' ?

Dreddlines gloriously free of Butt'man, But no Floyd where is he in our hour of need? 
DDT did a job on me

NapalmKev

Anyone know when American Reaper will be returning?
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

I, Cosh

Quote from: NapalmKev on 18 September, 2015, 08:57:26 AM
In the offchance that this isn't a joke: it's not.
We never really die.

NapalmKev

Quote from: The Cosh on 18 September, 2015, 09:13:44 AM
Quote from: NapalmKev on 18 September, 2015, 08:57:26 AM
In the offchance that this isn't a joke: it's not.

No joke, I liked it.

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Skullmo

It's a joke. I was joking.

robert_ellis

I'd like to see a hardcover of American Reaper - any news?