Main Menu

2000AD SCI-FI SPECIAL 2016?

Started by james newell, 22 June, 2016, 10:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

james newell

is there a 2000AD SCI-FI SPECIAL 2016 this summer, some how I got the impression their was but now already in to summer a while and no word.

dweezil2

Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

COMMANDO FORCES

The alien from Quaxxann, he says yes :thumbsup:

Dandontdare

Ah yes, tis the season when we all get to wax nostalgic about reading the summer special in a caravan in Fife or a holiday camp in Abersoch *sigh*

ZenArcade

Can't wait, one of the highlights of the year.Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

flip-r mk2

A caravan in the rain up at Findhorn Bay 1978 or 79 :)
It's all right, that's in every contract.
That's what they call a sanity clause.
You can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause.

http://flip-r.deviantart.com/

http://forflipssake.blogspot.com

http://weeklythemedartblog.blogspot.com/

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana

Dash Decent

Yay to the free poster, yay to Rogue Trooper, but ... 32 pages?  That's not so special, Tharg!

HAPPY HOLIDAY CREEPS!

The 2000 AD 2016 Summer Special
Cover Art: Ryan Brown
32 Pages PLUS A3 Judge Dredd poster by Chris Weston

JUDGE DREDD: NIGHT ZOOM
Script:  John Wagner
Art:  Brendan McCarthy
Letters:  Annie Parkhouse

Mega-City One, 2138 AD. Home to 72 million citizens, this urban hell is situated along the east coast of post-apocalyptic North America. With scant resources, poverty and overcrowding are rife, crime is rampant, and only future lawmen the Judges – empowered to dispense instant justice – can stop total anarchy. Toughest of them all is JUDGE DREDD – he is the Law!

ACE TRUCKING CO.: THE BANNED BRAND STAND
Script:  Eddie Robson
Art:  Nigel Dobbyn
Letters:  Ellie De Ville

The universe is a big place, and if you want cargo delivered from one planet to another you're going to need a shipping company you can rely on. Fortunately, there's ACE TRUCKING CO., the premier courier service for all your transportation needs. Captain of the Speedo Ghost is Ace Garp, and together with his engineer Feek and bodyguard GBH they're the galaxy's most tucker truckers!

SINISTER DEXTER: SHADY AS FUNT
Script:  Dan Abnett
Art:  Tom Foster
Letters:  Ellie De Ville

Downlode city lies sprawled across the heart of future Europe. Here, life is cheap and if you want someone whacked, you can't buy better hitmen than gun-sharks Finnigan SINISTER and Ramone DEXTER. Ruthless killers with chalk outlines around their souls, you pay and they'll slay. Having recently returned to the metropolis, they're now working for criminal ganglord the Lizard King...

ROBO-HUNTER: THE DROID DILEMMA
Script:  Alec Worley
Art:  Mark Simmons
Letters:  Annie Parkhouse

Brit-Cit, the 22nd century. Sam Slade is a ROBO-HUNTER, a private detective hired to find missing droids or track down malfunctioning meks. Partnered with his idiot robot understudy Hoagy and his excitable robo-cigar Stogie, trouble is never very far away when Sam's on a case – and when the creds are running dry, Sam will take any case that he can get his hands on...

ROGUE TROOPER: SHORE LEAVE
Script:  Guy Adams
Art:  Jimmy Broxton
Letters:  Simon Bowland

Nu Earth, the far future. A world poisoned by chemical weapons, it is the site of an ongoing conflict between the Southers and the Norts. Genetically engineered to breath and fight in this deadly environment are clone soldiers like ROGUE TROOPER, who went AWOL along with his biochip buddies Helm, Gunnar and Bagman to find the traitor that sold out his comrades...

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Steve Green

Considering the dicking around over FCBD that 2000AD had to navigate, we should be thankful that we got both.

As I understand it, when the FCBD prog was shelved, the material was going to be rolled into the summer special, but then it was back on.

So it's possible that the special is 32 pages because of that.

CalHab

Quote from: Steve Green on 15 July, 2016, 07:38:05 AM
Considering the dicking around over FCBD that 2000AD had to navigate, we should be thankful that we got both.

As I understand it, when the FCBD prog was shelved, the material was going to be rolled into the summer special, but then it was back on.

Ah yes, the FCBD prog which was never sent to my local comic shop and which was swiftly stuck on ebay by, apparently, every other shop....mumble....grumble.....

Link Prime

Some great talent lined up for this, I'm genuinely delighted that Tharg has reactivated the Dobbyn Droid.

moldovangerbil

I presume we'll be able to pick this up in the shops and not just through the webstore?  I couldn't see anything in the press release that said it would be though.

Molch-R

Quote from: moldovangerbil on 15 July, 2016, 11:38:35 AM
I presume we'll be able to pick this up in the shops and not just through the webstore?  I couldn't see anything in the press release that said it would be though.

Yep, as always, our titles will be available in shops. If it was web-shop exclusive or restricted release we'd tell you.

moldovangerbil

Thanks for the confirmation, Molch-R.  I was starting to get Collector's Twitch for a moment.

sheridan

Quote from: CalHab on 15 July, 2016, 09:07:12 AM
Quote from: Steve Green on 15 July, 2016, 07:38:05 AM

Ah yes, the FCBD prog which was never sent to my local comic shop and which was swiftly stuck on ebay by, apparently, every other shop....mumble....grumble.....
Did you local comic shop order any copies?