Main Menu

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (2016)

Started by Goaty, 07 April, 2016, 12:58:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

I'm fascinated to see how they leave this one. Presumably Disney will want to keep their sequel options open, but it would be cool to see something with a complete (within obvious constraints) story.

Pyroxian

Quote from: Tordelback on 07 April, 2016, 10:33:09 PM
I'm fascinated to see how they leave this one. Presumably Disney will want to keep their sequel options open, but it would be cool to see something with a complete (within obvious constraints) story.

I think the plan for the Stories are that they are intended to be standalone films.

JOE SOAP

2 inbetweenquels that slot-in before Empire and Jedi featuring the same characters.

Magnetica

Quote from: Zarjazzer on 07 April, 2016, 07:00:37 PM
looks pretty good tho i saw another bit with an ISD next to [spoiler]THE DEATH STAR WOT GOT BLEW UP IN ANH[/spoiler].

Spoiler tag for that? Seriously?

There can hardly be a person on the planet who doesn't know what the ending of that film is. ;)

TordelBack

Quote from: Pyroxian on 07 April, 2016, 10:46:32 PM

I think the plan for the Stories are that they are intended to be standalone films.

But if Rogue One is a hit, how long will it remain standalone?  And will Disney take that risk by giving it a definite ending? I like Joe's suggestion for Rogues Two and Three.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: Tordelback on 08 April, 2016, 01:23:25 AM
Quote from: Pyroxian on 07 April, 2016, 10:46:32 PM

But if Rogue One is a hit, how long will it remain standalone?  And will Disney take that risk by giving it a definite ending? I like Joe's suggestion for Rogues Two and Three.

Rogue Two standing by
You may quote me on that.

Professor Bear

I would watch another Ewoks movie.  I can see a few million kids also watching a movie about man-eating teddy bears - probably while their dads look annoyed by the fact that when they were kids, they thought the Ewoks were awesome but have since aligned with a revisionist consensus on the matter (see also: "George Lucas doesn't understand Star Wars.  Not like I do.").

shaolin_monkey

I wouldn't change one bit of ROTJ, including the Ewoks.  They are a great 'in' to get my daughters watching the film.

sheridan

looks pretty good tho i saw another bit with an ISD next to .

ISD?
International School of Düsseldorf
Inhibited sexual desire
International Subscriber Dialling
Isosorbide dinitrate
Ian Stuart Donaldson

Tjm86

Quote from: Goaty on 07 April, 2016, 05:44:37 PM
So anyone realise Canary Wharf tube station...?

Didn't quite get this at first but having seen a few more articles ....  Canary Wharf as a stand in for the Death Star?  Chortle!

paddykafka

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 08 April, 2016, 12:01:00 PM
Quote from: paddykafka on 08 April, 2016, 11:07:50 AM
And for your further delectation, check out the link here below.

http://www.irishtimes.com/culture/film/ewok-of-ages-a-star-wars-story-review-a-playfully-subversive-tour-de-force-1.2593942?mode=sample&auth-failed=1&pw-origin=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.irishtimes.com%2Fculture%2Ffilm%2Fewok-of-ages-a-star-wars-story-review-a-playfully-subversive-tour-de-force-1.2593942

I'll assume that was a belated April Fool. (Posting a link asking me to subscribe to the Irish Times, I mean, rather than the Ewok story)

Actually it was the Ewok story that was the April Fool's one. I wouldn't subscribe to any club that would have me as a member, lol.

Batman's Superior Cousin

Quote from: sheridan on 08 April, 2016, 01:04:20 PM
looks pretty good tho i saw another bit with an ISD next to .

ISD?
International School of Düsseldorf
Inhibited sexual desire
International Subscriber Dialling
Isosorbide dinitrate
Ian Stuart Donaldson

Imperial Star Destroyer
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

I, Cosh

Brother Ghost Dog!

Looks better than I expected but, while I enjoyed the last film, I can't shake the feeling that by the time they've churned out two or three more with increasingly minor tweaks in uniform and equipment, everyone will be crying out for something as distinctive as Phantom Menace.
We never really die.