Main Menu

*** Prog 2000 ***

Started by Dash Decent, 08 September, 2016, 03:12:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Quote from: Steve Green on 28 September, 2016, 02:33:39 PM
http://www.2000ad.org/images/wallpaper/inaba_1024.jpg

Inaba's first name is Kamelto. Maybe that's where she keeps her packed lunch.

Anyone able to decipher the dedication on Matt Smith's tombstone (Sin Dex) - or spot all the reference used for Anderson? I'm sure she turns into Emma Watson at the foot of the fourth page.

Disappointed to see Bovus and Pikey go out with a whimper that made Judge Giant look like a bang, but excited by the news that Judge Fish's clone survived to join that 'rogues' gallery' Tharg mentioned.

artdroid Roach

Quote from: Frank on 28 September, 2016, 06:29:05 PM
Quote from: Steve Green on 28 September, 2016, 02:33:39 PM
http://www.2000ad.org/images/wallpaper/inaba_1024.jpg

Inaba's first name is Kamelto. Maybe that's where she keeps her packed lunch.

Anyone able to decipher the dedication on Matt Smith's tombstone (Sin Dex) - or spot all the reference used for Anderson? I'm sure she turns into Emma Watson at the foot of the fourth page.

Disappointed to see Bovus and Pikey go out with a whimper that made Judge Giant look like a bang, but excited by the news that Judge Fish's clone survived to join that 'rogues' gallery' Tharg mentioned.
Cheeky monkey! Most of the Anderson's were based on a model friend of mine or from my imagination- definitely not Emma Watson!

artdroid Roach

Quote from: DrRocka on 28 September, 2016, 02:10:10 PM
Best prob for years! Loved all of that, and yeah, alongside
Brett Ewins, David Roach's Anderson gave pre-teen me some very interesting dreams (oh, yes), so seeing fresh art from him was wonderful - give that man a series, Tharg!
Elsewhere, Dredd was pure fun loveliness and the new stuff intriguing, although it baffles me how SinDex has continues so long.
Hollander! Gibbons! O'Neill! Ezquerra! Wow!!!!
Only one question: who's the girl that Mean Machine's got his arm around on the Fabry cover?
Slightly troubling in places... but thank you for the very kind words!

artdroid Roach

Quote from: Judge Nutmeg on 28 September, 2016, 05:39:09 PM
Superb prog , Bolland really needs to do a whole Dredd strip , all the Tharg interludes had great art, the Dredd /Alpha crossover was good fun with great art as always from King Carlos. Nemesis just made me want it to return for another series , always liked Torque better than the Warlock. Rouge trooper was a nice lead into the traitor general series and Rennie's stuff is always entertaining. David Roach's art on Anderson was pure eyegasm. Sinister Dexter had an interesting start as did Counterfit girl. We really are lucky 2000ad is still going strong , gonna try make it London in Feb for their event.
Too kind!

Something Fishy

Fantastic prog.  A fitting tribute to 2000 issues of greatness.

Taryn Tailz

Hoping there's still some copies to be had in Newcastle tomorrow. I'm planning on Prog 2000 being my return to the Prog, having not bought it regularly since something like Prog 1832.

DrJomster

Well that was rather splendid, wasn't it? Top work those droids! What a treat!!!!
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

sheridan

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 18 September, 2016, 07:20:38 AM
Its really only an issue if you want it to be. Whatever we as individuals think the numbering should or shouldn't be its for the folk that produce the Galaxies Greatest to decide what they use, what will be marked on the cover as the Prog number and therefore what they choose to celebrate.
Except that's not strictly true - there are now two comics in existence which, at the time of publishing were called 2000AD Prog 2000, which causes problems for inventories, indexes, catalogues, auctions and the rest.

sheridan

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 19 September, 2016, 06:40:47 PM
Quote from: Frank on 19 September, 2016, 06:36:31 PM
Sanity is restored to the universe. Joseph was Stallone's name, not Dredd's.

Joe is short for Joseph. It's the same name.

I've never encountered another group of adults encompassing so many for whom this is an alien concept.

It's not the same name - one's spelled J-O-E, the other's spelled J-O-S-E-P-H.   Just because a diminutive name can be short for a longer name, doesn't mean it always is.  Just ask anybody whose name on their birth certificate is (for example) Katie.  Not Katherine, Catherine or any of form, but K-A-T-I-E, however much anybody tries to 'correct' her.

robert_ellis

Couldn't find a fabry issue 2000 in London - maybe it's a very rare thing!

sheridan

Quote from: Leigh S on 24 September, 2016, 03:39:29 PM
Anyone elses poster back to front? :)  I was going to buy the other covers anyway, Tharg!
Mine was back to front.

sheridan

Quote from: artdroid Roach on 24 September, 2016, 02:53:52 PM
Thank you so much, that's very kind of you.
You've been gone from the pages of the prog for too long (though good to see the life drawings you post on facebook).

sheridan

Quote from: robert_ellis on 28 September, 2016, 10:00:24 PM
I got a Fabry cover today - the last one in the comic shop I bought it from (this week they ordered about four times the normal amount they sell - which they don't normally sell out - today they did).

dweezil2

Quote from: robert_ellis on 28 September, 2016, 10:00:24 PM

It's going for big bucks on Ebay at the moment, must of had a relatively low print run!
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

sheridan

Quote from: Tjm86 on 24 September, 2016, 06:06:01 PM
I did feel like the Tharg interludes pulled punches a little mind.  Or perhaps it is a case of so much has changed since Tharg's Head Revisited.  It would be interesting to see a follow up to that strip, dealing with the changes that have been affected since then.
It was less like Tharg's Head than I was expecting - wasn't there something similar in the intervening period?  Different artists drawing different pages of a Tharg story, either in a special or an over-sized prog?  Maybe my mind is playing tricks on me.  Maybe someone else has brought it up in the intervening pages of this thread (which I've been avoiding since subscribers started receiving their thread, until I had my own copy (copies) in my grubby little hands)...