Main Menu

I've lost my Windows 7 Product Key!

Started by Keef Monkey, 06 July, 2012, 08:16:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rog

I'm typing this on a MacBook OSX 10.5.8, machine upstairs is Win XP Professional.

I need to get a new battery for this MacBook because the battery has conked out - known issue, they only last for a certain number of boots but once out of warranty you have ta buy them yerself (as long as they're made and available). Apple kinda ignore the issue and if you mention any negatives on mac forums you get flamed and shot down so not much help there! The machine frequently looses internet connection when the signal is weak, I need to reconnect manually because it doesn't do it automatically. File management is slow and clunky (I do a lot of file management) and the machine has taken to overheating and crashing if I use it intensively. The latest 'feature' of this MacBook is that apparently Apple are now removing all support for the 4 year old operating system so no security updates etc. This leaves me with the option of doing stuff insecurely (and possibly getting my info hacked) or paying to update to an OS supported by Apple which I guess allows Apple to continue to claim that their OSs are more secure than Microsoft who support OSs for longer!

The machine upstairs running an 11 year old OS is still supported and doesn't have any of the 'features' of the Mac - so guess which product I won't be buying next time I'm upgrading!

Horses for courses I guess and I might have a paticularly bad Mac here but I like my machines to be fully configurable, able to do all the file management and techie stuff I need and the Mac walled garden(we know best what and how you wanna do it), upgrade and give us your dosh every year or two model doesn't suit this horse I'm afraid.

No offence intented to any Mac disciples, I just happen to have a different POV :)

klute

I have window's 7 sitting on my desk at home,i'm currently using window's vista is it worth moving from vista to window's 7??

Will it make much difference to my machine performance wise?? IE i use my pc for a lot of gaming i've heard mention that it is a little better performance wise than vista

And if i back everything up onto my other internal harddrive will installing windows7 onto my main harddrive wise my other harddrive clean?
loveforstitch - Does he fall in love? I like a little romance in all my movies.

Rekaert - Yes, he demonstrates it with bullets, punches and sentencing.

He's Mega City 1's own Don Juan.

Banners

Quote from: klute
I have window's 7 sitting on my desk at home,i'm currently using window's vista is it worth moving from vista to window's 7??

It'll certainly alleviate your suffering.