Main Menu

LOST THE MANUAL FOR THE UNIVERSAL REMOTE

Started by Tiplodocus, 29 June, 2010, 11:32:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiplodocus

It's an ASDA 2 for 1 thing model URC20-D2f.

The batteries fell out the other night and it's lost the sttings for my ancient panasonic and the dvd player (both of whose remotes are barely working).

Searching the internet, all I can find is a thousand questions asking if anybody has the codes for them or a 1000 sites all wanting to charge me £20 for a pdf of a manual.

So where can I get a manual for free?

Or, on the off chance any of you still have the instructions handy, how do I get it to scan and pick up the codes for my telly and dvd again (I've been trying various combinations that seem logical to me but no joy so far).
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Misanthrope

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 29 June, 2010, 11:32:55 PM
It's an ASDA 2 for 1 thing model URC20-D2f.

The batteries fell out the other night and it's lost the sttings for my ancient panasonic and the dvd player (both of whose remotes are barely working).

Searching the internet, all I can find is a thousand questions asking if anybody has the codes for them or a 1000 sites all wanting to charge me £20 for a pdf of a manual.

So where can I get a manual for free?

Or, on the off chance any of you still have the instructions handy, how do I get it to scan and pick up the codes for my telly and dvd again (I've been trying various combinations that seem logical to me but no joy so far).

http://www.fixya.com/support/t5043883-urc20_d1f

Hope this helps.
Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

Professor Bear

Get out of your seat to change the channel you lazy fucker.

The Doctor Alt 8

Sometimes that ISN@ an option.
MAny DVD's/ T.V's etc. Don't have all or even some control buttons available.

Which is a stupid design feature in MHO.

Roger Godpleton

Move your seat closer so your eyeballs are less than a foot away.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Tiplodocus

Thanks Ratty, that should help. I'll try tonight when I get back.

The Doc correctly points out the problem; the telly has minimal controls on the front (volume, channel) but can't get me into the various menus and or AV selections.

I do find it pot luck when searching t'internet for stuff like this.  I think I got to the FIXYA site but couldn't see anything with an actual solution to it.  And the amount of pop-ups that come screaming out of some of the sites just immediately puts me off.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

SuperSurfer

I thought this thread title was regarding losing your remote control that controls the entire universe. Just your TV and DVD player. Sorry, can't help with that one.

Noisybast

Do you have Virgin TV? They have a page of codes on the help section on their set top boxes. Not at home right now, so I can't check if your specific code is there. I'll try to remember tonight.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

TordelBack

The online PDF manual market is a pain.  The wife eBayed an original manual for a very old sewing machine for a quid, thinking she was helping another user or collector out, only to find that very copy PDF'd and for sale for a tenner a go from the buyers website.  Information wants to be free!