Main Menu

Mikey's Dark World (Creations)

Started by Mikey, 08 June, 2015, 11:00:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikey

Howdy all - long time no see! Rather than drag up the old mini painting thread, I thought i'd start a new one to post some pics of my Dark World Creations figures/kits. Anyone else done any of them?

I've a bunch of them done now and a couple to go, but I'll kick off with the last one I finished - the mighty Lawmaster Mk 1 kit my Mrs bought me last year... Hope you like!

To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Zenith 666

Still too afraid to paint my dredd figure.lovely work mikey the detail in these figures is incredible.

ming

Fantastic work, Mikey.  More please!

COMMANDO FORCES

Mikey

Thanks folks!

Quote from: Zenith 666 on 08 June, 2015, 11:29:56 AM
Still too afraid to paint my dredd figure.lovely work mikey the detail in these figures is incredible.

Dooo eeet! What's the worse could happen? I've actually repainted my Dredd as my skills have improved a bit since I started back painting.

M.

Zarjazzer

The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Mikey

Ta Zarjazzer - it was yourself I think suggested deepening the eagle and shoulder pad with washes, which I took on board.

Next up is Durham Red. Bugger of a thing to pick out the details as they're really subtle on the sculpt, consequently not the best work I've ever done. Yes, she looks like she's been hungover when she put on the make up and her eyes look like two piss holes in snow, but what can you do?

To cleanse your palate, have a few more snaps of the Lawmaster. The keen eyed will notice I couldn't get his left foot to reach the footpeg - imagine he's getting off the bike or letting one off if you like.

More soon!

M.

Mikey

Next up it's Slaine (pron: Bob). As you'll notice, eyes aren't my strong point but overall I'm still happy with the model.

I went all ambitious with his cloak. I couldn't find any tartan paint so had to do it meself. The reason this pic is different is because after I havd taken it, I decided to mute the colours a bit by giving it a light green wash - but the paint hadn't dried so it pretty much wrecked it and I haven't got back to re doing the pattern!

M.

Mikey

Citi-Def!

And I wrote 'Drokk the Sovs' on the base in a daubed graffiti style (or so I thought) - not sure how well you can see it mind.

M.

Zarjazzer

Citi def is the win! All marvellous of course, but that last one just needs a East meg sentenoid to appear and spoil his day.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Mikey

Thanks Zarjazzer! I'm quite keen on Citi-Def too - I had initially tried urban camo on him, but it was a bit busy looking and the texture on the sculpt made it difficult to make the pattern flow.

M

Mikey

They search for their lost brother.... (who I'm assured is on the way at some point)

M.

Mikey

Last one for a while - Anderson!

M.

Mikey

DWC have also started to do 1/10 busts and so far they've released Dredd and Death. The ones I've seen so far have been colour but I didn't just want to repeat what I'd done for the other figures, so I tried for a 'classic comic' look.

Dredd.

Death.

And here's how they compare size wise to the whole figure models. The busts were the same price so you get a bit more bang for your buck...

M.

JayzusB.Christ

Very nice! Really like the Dark Judges.

By the way, what did you use for the gold bits?  Only I'm painting a sign this week and some of it has to be in gold - and actual gold leaf will cost me a fecking fortune; as I found out when gold-leafing a gravestone yesterday for next to nothing (my fault; I priced the job before I found out how much gold leaf cost).
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"