Main Menu

Mikey's Dark World (Creations)

Started by Mikey, 08 June, 2015, 11:00:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyFoxMachine

TordelBack

Ah man that's just absolutely ace!  Thanks for doing that Mikey, I have now turned roughly the colour of Tharg's arse.

Zarjazzer

The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Mangamax

The perspective on that chairs all wrong

Mikey

To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

COMMANDO FORCES

A mightily impressive amount of skills on display there. I look forward to your next venture.

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Mikey on 13 June, 2015, 02:40:42 PM
Next up it's Slaine (pron: Bob). As you'll notice, eyes aren't my strong point but overall I'm still happy with the model.

I went all ambitious with his cloak. I couldn't find any tartan paint so had to do it meself. The reason this pic is different is because after I havd taken it, I decided to mute the colours a bit by giving it a light green wash - but the paint hadn't dried so it pretty much wrecked it and I haven't got back to re doing the pattern!

M.

Mine is still in pieces, afraid I might ruin it if I try to assemble and paint it myself.

Aside from the work you have done on it yourself...your Slaine looks like different. May be a trick of the paitn, but I was looking at the sculpt and wondering if you made any modifications on it?

Mikey

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 01 September, 2015, 01:53:28 PM
...wondering if you made any modifications on it?

Nah, it's just been painted, no modifications on it. I should have filled the space where his arms attach to his torso, but meh, it'll do.

M.

Mikey

Um, didn't know where to put this as it doesn't warrant a new thread, but thought some of you might like to see it - it's a 3A Damn Large Martin what I painted up as a Nort war machine type thing.

Mikey

Finished the Judge Fire model today, so here's a quick snap.

I think they did a great job on the sculpt for a difficult figure. I wasn't too confident about achieving a good flame effect as I've never done it before, but am quite happy with the result. It probably looks better in hand - there is a colour gradation through the actual flames. More importantly,  the Dark Judges are now complete!

I, Cosh

Quote from: Mikey on 03 March, 2016, 02:48:00 PM
I think they did a great job on the sculpt for a difficult figure. I wasn't too confident about achieving a good flame effect as I've never done it before, but am quite happy with the result. It probably looks better in hand - there is a colour gradation through the actual flames. More importantly,  the Dark Judges are now complete!
Yeah. It's something which looks very difficult to get right but you've done a grand job there. Is it washed all over with a yellow or just highlighted?
We never really die.

TordelBack

Really good work on a notoriously difficult subject, Mikey - one of the best Fires I've seen. Lovely statue too.

Mikey

Cheers chums!

Quote from: The Cosh on 03 March, 2016, 03:21:59 PMls it washed all over with a yellow or just highlighted?

No wash, just dry brushed highlights. The first was a light brushing of the main orange colour of the flames, then did some areas with the yellow I used at the base of the flames.

At some point this year they're releasing full 1/10 figures (same scale as the busts), both as pre painted and diy versions. That'll be sweet!

Mikey

Howdy!

Just posting this to tell anyone who may be interested that Dark World Creations will cease to be on the 31st July. So if you ever thought about picking anything up from them, you've a few weeks left.

Damn shame if you ask me - their kits got me properly back onto models and painting and stuff, and via 2000ad stuff an all! Sometimes having a complete collection is such sweet sorrow  :'(

Mikey

Last of their 2000ad line...Judge Anderson 1/10 bust just finished.