Main Menu

Denise gone?

Started by Proudhuff, 26 August, 2016, 11:34:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Butch on 26 August, 2016, 04:52:43 PM
Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 26 August, 2016, 04:31:57 PM
I hope it was an easy and not at all bitter parting

I'm not sure Denise ever met anyone from Rebellion. From the sounds of it, she worked for Perfect Mailing, who handled Tharg's warehousing and distribution. Presumably Denise still works for Perfect Mailing.
Just file this under the large folder of 'obvious shit Hawkumbler still didn't twig on to'.

Molch-R

I'm not sure Denise ever met anyone from Rebellion.

I'm not sure why you would think that. People from Rebellion have met Denise multiple times over the past 16 years.

ZenArcade

Have to echo the praise being dished out here. In my couple of dealings with Denise she was ever so helpful. I wish her all the very, very best. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

dweezil2

Denise was a diamond!

All the best to her for the future!  :thumbsup:
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Michael Knight

Alright folks been off here for a while.

I'm sorry to hear Denise wont be dealing with any order Queries. She really was a lovely lady and any probs with missing progs/megs i've had since subscribing to both few years ago were swiftly dealt with.

It would be nice if our feedback is relayed to her and would love to see her get a proper tribute for hard work and ace customer service in the galaxy's greatest comic.

Anyone else agree?  :)

Trent

Completely agree. By the sound of it her job is continuing just without the Rebellion contract to deal with. Whenever I had an issue I always had total faith in her to sort it out. I cannot think of higher praise in a world of constant frustrations and disappointments.
Never with Denise, even during my saga of trying to get the Cursed Earth book that she ended up getting back to her and sending out personally.
Hope she knows how well she is thought of by the 2000AD fraternity.

Buttonman

My 10 year + sub has always been a hassle free pleasure, no doubt due to Denise's efforts. Only once did a Prog not arrive and a single email led to a replacement being received by first class post the next day with no suggestion I was a dodgy jock trying to double my fun.

It would be great if the replacement droid was plucked from fandom but that would probably mean too many hours lost to the products being 'checked'.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Molch-R on 26 August, 2016, 05:06:44 PM
I'm not sure why you would think that. People from Rebellion have met Denise multiple times over the past 16 years.

Butch, feigning authority but actually talking shit? Heaven forfend...
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Frank

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 26 August, 2016, 06:52:13 PM
I'm not sure ... From the sounds of it... Presumably

Butch, feigning authority ...

I'm like Leo DiCaprio's character in Catch Me If You Can*.

* Frank Abagnale. I looked up the correct spelling, because I'm a modern day Munchausen.

strontium71

Another thumbs up from me - always polite , always helpful , and an actual delight to deal with. She helped me , not only with missing or damaged progs , but actually went out of her way to source some of the Dreddcon tees and posters that she found in the warehouse. She also sounded like the old woman on the Steve Wright show  :lol:
...because I hate you.

hippynumber1

I love Denise. It was almost worth a prog or Meg not turning up, just so I had an excuse to phone her. These new people have a lot to live up to...

BPP

A Tharg adventure featuring Alec Trench, Denise and drawn by Gibson is the only fitting tribute to this unsung heroine of the thrillways.

(she once fixed a problem for me. She's officially ace).
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

COMMANDO FORCES

Damn! Farewell Denise and thanks for your sterling work helping out these Friends of Tharg when they needed it most. :wave: :'(

TordelBack

I'm imagining a statis-tube or Boing(R) block and plaque being prepared in the Cellar...

Prodigal2

So she didn't lose her job as such-just her role with Rebellion?