Main Menu

Life is sometimes sort of okay because...

Started by House of Usher, 23 March, 2009, 05:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

I have fillings.  Which makes me a cyborg already. No, it does.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Taryn Tailz

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 27 September, 2016, 10:20:15 PM

Only if they pick up radio waves. :P

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Taryn Tailz on 27 September, 2016, 10:21:12 PM
Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 27 September, 2016, 10:20:15 PM

Only if they pick up radio waves. :P

As long as it's not Cool Johnny Cool on Radio Radio Radio  :)
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Banners

Client posts new poster artwork to Twitter, thereby declaring they're actually an ex-client now. Artwork has a typo.

Theblazeuk

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Theblazeuk on 11 October, 2016, 10:23:39 AM
As in, they're using someone else?

If it is that, I personally wouldn't automatically make them my ex-client. As I type I'm working in a restaurant that once blatantly painted over a mural I did with another one by a different artist when they re-designed the place.  But they still employ me now and again, they pay reasonably well and they always give me free breakfasts and dinners.  (Just enjoyed a very nice full Irish breakfast, thanks very much.)

That said, I don't know your exact circumstances, Banners - some clients can really take the piss.

Banners

Yeah, using someone else for his printing.

It happens—I get it every now and then, and I use different suppliers for different things of course. And yes, people come back to you so there's no point being upset.

What grates in this instance is that I had to hold the guy's hand through his first couple of jobs (he didn't know what "A3" meant for example), and I spent a lot of time getting his artwork print-ready, which I didn't charge for, and doubled a print run at no extra cost as I could see he was just starting out. This all done via emails typically late at night and outside normal hours. He subsequently wrote "your customer service is phenomenal!".

It's also a specifically annoying on Twitter when he knows we follow them, so I'm going to see it. A bit like your ex turning up to your Local with her new fella.

Anyway, the artwork spells their web address wrong—which I spotted straight away. Let's hope their new printer spotted it too.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Banners on 11 October, 2016, 02:02:52 PMA bit like your ex turning up to your Local with her new fella.

:)

I have to admit I did feel a bit like that when I saw my murals had been painted over. To be honest, I probably would have been more pissed off but the client was Chinese, and having lived in Beijing, I know that the Chinese approach to business is a bit different from the Western one.  That said, I've just been chatting at length to the same client (not 5 minutes ago, in fact) and I get on extremely well with him this days.

Taryn Tailz

Only 8 days to go until my appointment now. Eep. :P

CrazyFoxMachine

Good luck Taryn!

Lady Geoffery and I went from being "curious about owning rats" to "proud owners of five rats" with alarming speed in the last few months - they're adorable creatures; curious, playful, affectionate and intelligent. The downside of these fluffy gets is that they don't last long - and with some horror one of them scratched her little eye last week and it became infected with such terrifying speed that she was in surgery less than a week later having it out.  :o Just heard word from the vet that little Janeway (Geoffery named her - as her curiosity is enough to get her stuck in the delta quadrant) survived the procedure and seems perky albeit cyclopic.

Bolt-01

CFM- Rats are amazing pets. The ones we owned completely changed my mind about the suitability of rats as pets. Amazing creatures that, in my opinion, are very capable of giving affection.

Dandontdare

Are the others called Kirk, Picard, Sisko and Archer?

Theblazeuk

We foster rescued small animals for a local charity. Had 9 baby males and then 5 young females in one month (for a very brief period 2 males and the 5 females in at the same time, very croweded for a 1 bed flat).

Lovely creatures, if a little bit smelly when the pheromones get going. Males were much friendlier and sociable than the females (but smellier) and all lovely.

sheridan

I used to have a gerbil (inspired by the Rat King from The Ballad of Halo Jones Book II) and called him Kititirik Tikrikitit (inspired by Kit from The Ballad of Halo Jones Book II).

I later had rats, which turned out to be brother and sister instead of brother and brother...

Very shortly after I had lots of rats.

Interesting fact - female rats can keep back a fertilised egg while they have a litter.  This happened, twice.  Three litters even though the male and female were separated immediately after we realised what was going on!

CrazyFoxMachine

Ours are all ladies and so therefore less smell, there's less chance of babies but in terms of affection they're markedly less interested - tis summarized by this post on the excellently helpful Australian Dapper Rat website "Don't be upset if your rat won't endure extensive cuddling... specifically female rats, who typically are constantly on the go, having things to do, places to see, stuff to chew, etc". They still show it though, and always make it fairly obvious when they're over the moon to see you which is endearing as fuck.

Quote from: Dandontdare on 13 October, 2016, 03:04:37 PM
Are the others called Kirk, Picard, Sisko and Archer?

The names are rather more piecemeal - in that image above it's Janeway, Miriam Margoyles and FLABBERGAST THE BATTLERAT. The two others are much younger and both white - one Lady Geoffery named Spiral after the six-armed mutant witch from X'Men's Mojoworld (<3 milady) the other I named Selina after Julia Louis Dreyfus's narcissistic vice president from the alarmingly prescient Veep series by Armando Iannucci.