Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

von Boom

Quote from: Fungus on 17 August, 2016, 10:26:33 AM
Quote from: Grugz on 17 August, 2016, 10:19:35 AM
washer fixed! even though the bloke nearly had a stroke getting the seal out.

Got to be animal cruelty.

:lol:
Perfect answer.

Mattofthespurs

I must be posh as I've never been to a laundrette.
I usually get my butler to go.

Grugz

we've nearly got the girl's uniform for high school sorted except for trainers...she has always been a nightmare for buying shoes and hasn't improved with age!...and whats with the clip on ties? and "skorts"
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

The Legendary Shark

A really cool idea for a Dredd story was developing in a dream; it had to do with the Undercity, a train, a rogue long-walk judge and Old Stoneyface having only his boot-knife to fight his way out with. The story had a proper structure and a satisfying ending. It was dark, had humour and excitement and felt like classic Dredd.

Then I got rudely awakened by, of all things, a ridiculously loud peal of thunder (all peals of thunder are ridiculously loud when you're living in a shed) and a terrified dog jumping into my bed and trying to bury himself under the covers all trembly and whimpering. And I all but lost the dream so only a few fuzzy fragments remain.

Damn you, Thor - damn you all to Helheim!
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

TordelBack

Imagine what the eternal canon of poetry could have lost if Coleridge had lived in a shed/owned a cuddly dog!  Not to mention  the knock-on effect on Frankie Goes to Hollywood...

The Legendary Shark

And imagine what unutterable shite Zarjaz readers could have been spared if only there'd been more nocturnal thunderings!
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

sheridan

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 28 August, 2016, 05:41:28 AM
A really cool idea for a Dredd story was developing in a dream; it had to do with the Undercity, a train, a rogue long-walk judge and Old Stoneyface having only his boot-knife to fight his way out with. The story had a proper structure and a satisfying ending. It was dark, had humour and excitement and felt like classic Dredd.

Then I got rudely awakened by, of all things, a ridiculously loud peal of thunder (all peals of thunder are ridiculously loud when you're living in a shed) and a terrified dog jumping into my bed and trying to bury himself under the covers all trembly and whimpering. And I all but lost the dream so only a few fuzzy fragments remain.

Damn you, Thor - damn you all to Helheim!
Sounds like the theme for the next short story competition to me...

Banners

Hate red tape from Companies House. No idea what this even means.

Damn screen wouldn't let me past without filling it in, and the helpline were useless so I guessed. If I did it wrong and end up in prison, please arrange to have my Progs passed on. Cheers.

Dandontdare

made a delicious lunch to take into work (Chicken and veg fried rice with chilli, garlic and soy-sauce), plus a cheese & pickle sandwich for morning break - and left the whole lot on the bloody tram. 

von Boom

Leaving that cheese & pickle sandwich in a warm public place could be construed as an act of terrorism.

Dandontdare

I've been keeping an eye on the news for any suspicious package evacuations or controlled explosions!  :lol:

The Legendary Shark

That's just awful, leaving an I.E.D.* on the tram.

*Irrecoverable Extemporized Dejeuner.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

SuperSurfer

That feeling of constantly running on the spot. Need to make some changes to get life in order. 

Rackle

I made it through to round two of interviews for a job I really really wanted and I knew the interviews went well & I'd be really happy if offered the job.  They've kept me hanging on for almost a fortnight to decide if I got the job or not - clearly I didn't else I wouldn't be posting here, but never mind.  I had to call and ask (oh the indignity!) and apparently I was the 2nd choice and were it not for person they offered the job to, I'd have been perfect.  :( Grrrr

Oh well life goes on.

The good news is that like busses, new jobs are scarce and then several come through at once, so I've applied for 4 this morning. I also get to pretend to be The Dude from The Big Lebowski by lounging around in my dressing gown and having my cat shadow me all day whilst I treat myself to freshly brewed coffee. And... I might have ordered something 2000AD related for someone's fast-approaching birthday  :D

Tiplodocus

Fucking Marshmallow.

I foolishly upgraded and my favourite apps have stopped working with wifi.

Chrome and whatsapp still work but Facebook and Fitbit just plain old refuse to connect over wifi.

I've reset and rebooted everything (in itself a pain) but those two still refuse to work.

It's decided to merge different  contacts who happen to share the same name. It's lost my ringtones (So Love Machine no longer plays when Mrs. Tips calls).

Plus the stern American voice on mapmyrun is now a softly spoken European that I can barely hear.

And you can't go back to Lollipop.

Bah!

(Still, less FB is probably a good thing).
Be excellent to each other. And party on!