Main Menu

Denise gone?

Started by Proudhuff, 26 August, 2016, 11:34:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

TMO's latest Thrillmail has an advert for a subs handling Droid, does that mean the wonderful Denise has been fed to Mek-quake?

We need to know FFS!

:D
DDT did a job on me

Molch-R

I'm afraid so. After many happy years with the same warehousing and subscriptions operation, we were asked to find an alternative arrangement due to Perfect Mailing changing its business model and no longer wishing to handle 2000 AD's substantial comics, graphic novels, and merchandise business. We're in the process of moving, which will mean physical products on the online shop will temporarily disappear in the next couple of weeks before reappearing shortly afterwards. Have no fear, Tharg's droids are working tirelessly to make the transition as seamless as possible.

We will be ensuring that the Denise droid is properly honoured for her many tireless years of service.

Bolt-01

IndigoPrime

Aww. Denise was always ace — friendly, helpful and efficient at dealing with issues. She will be missed.

ming

Yep - Denise has been an absolute star over the years.  A very hard act to follow!

Proudhuff

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 26 August, 2016, 11:45:51 AM
Aww. Denise was always ace — friendly, helpful and efficient at dealing with issues. She will be missed.

This ^^^

It was never with trepidation you contacted Denise and she always went the extra mile to help out, a true gem!

Mighty One you must honour her years of great service and unstinting devotion to Thrill power!

DDT did a job on me

Tjm86

Quote from: Molch-R on 26 August, 2016, 11:40:26 AM
We will be ensuring that the Denise droid is properly honoured for her many tireless years of service.

Included in the New Year's honours list surely.  Quick, to the petition site!

James Stacey

Krill Tro Thargo at the very least.

Steve Green

What everyone ^^^ has said.

Colin YNWA

Yep more praise for Denise from me, she was always fantastic to deal with and so down to earth and friendly.

I remember fondly one conversation with her, on one of the few occasions I've had a problem, when the conversation led to me trying to explain she had a bit of a cult following on the message board and was held in such high regard. She said something along the lines of

"That's strange, you all seem so normal when I speak to you."

I wish her well in whatever she's up to next.

Richard

Denise is brilliant. I second the nomination for a KTT.

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Hawkmumbler

Awwww! Denise was lovely and indeed, as others have rightly pointed out, incredibly helpful on the few occations we spoke. I hope it was an easy and not at all bitter parting.

Fungus

Getting a picture of many people with subscription problems!  :-X

Frank

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 26 August, 2016, 04:31:57 PM
I hope it was an easy and not at all bitter parting

I'm not sure Denise ever met anyone from Rebellion. From the sounds of it, she worked for Perfect Mailing, who handled Tharg's warehousing and distribution. Presumably Denise still works for Perfect Mailing.