Main Menu

5000th post! Go me, and thanks to all

Started by The Enigmatic Dr X, 05 September, 2016, 08:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Enigmatic Dr X

So this is my 5000th post. Blimey.

Some folks have raced to their five yellow stars. Others have come and gone in a burst of activity, then found better things to do.

Me, I've plodded along - slow and steady - at around one post a day for thirteen and a half years; from 13th January 2003 to 5th September 2016. I'm not sure how I feel about that, you know. There's teenagers around today who weren't born when I started posting here.

Whether in the early days of Karne and Oddboy, or chatting to those who have been here forever  (and those who just... can't... keep away; I'm looking at you Trout), it's a great little corner of the web to hang about in. Who'd have thought so many people like the same comic as me?

So thanks to everyone, especially those who I've met up with for a beer in real life. This really is a fun site and all the forum folks make it that way. Personal highlights include Space Maths and the exploits of the Beast, but that's unfairly plucking two things out the air at random.

I'd love to think I'll make it to Call-Me-Kenneth. Even if I don't, the journey will be fun.

Could've done without learning what a goatse was, mind.

Lock up your spoons!

Colin YNWA

Well done. I've fair rattled along in comparison but doubt I've squeezed as much wit and dry humour in my 8 years as you have in your 13.

As you say for all the snipping that goes on about this place, on Facebook and on here its a great place and I for one have always really enjoyed it.

I'll call you Al... I mean Kenneth.

Buttonman

The Beast loves you too. Yeah I've been checking in on a daily basis for as long as I remember. Time flies - noticed I'd been an Amazon customer since 2000 the other day! If I'd have been asked I'd have guessed about 2006!

Fungus

Nice one, Derek  :)
And you'd have earned Geek of the Week too, if not for that Judge Burdis mentioning something about pyjamas.

maryanddavid

Yay Dr.X!
I might make it to 5000 posts one day, only 13 odd years to go:D

Trout

Spaceghost

Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Satanist

Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Zarjazzer

Congrats on your 5k, The Enigmatic Doctor X.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

sheridan

Congratulations (delayed reaction due to reduced internet access for the past week).

ZenArcade

5000 bet our Tordel's wetting the kacks as we speak! Z

Btw well done DrX
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead