Main Menu

Help - Robot Archie figure

Started by JamesC, 05 September, 2016, 09:04:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesC

I bought this little Robot Archie lead figure for about £2 in a weird little shop in Cromer.

I really like it and wondered if there were any other classic British comic characters available in the same range. The trouble is I can't find anything about it or a reference to it anywhere!
The same shop had a couple of slightly battered characters from the Dan Dare range and also a Swamp Thing, all of which I could find pictures of online.
Has anyone seen one like this before? Do they do any other old comic characters? Is it just a custom figure or a generic robot that someone has painted to look like Archie?

JamesC

Trout

I dunno, but he's amazing. I want one too.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Looks home-made. There is no year in the "copyright" assertion and in any event you cannot copyright a figure; if it was licensed then there would be an official credit to the rights holder.

PS. Do not Google "Unicorn figurines" if you want to retain your sanity. There are some dark places on the web. Even when illuminated by rainbows, they are still dark.
Lock up your spoons!

sheridan

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 06 September, 2016, 08:00:08 AM
PS. Do not Google "Unicorn figurines" if you want to retain your sanity. There are some dark places on the web. Even when illuminated by rainbows, they are still dark.
Sounded like a challenge to me.  So when I did google 'unicorn figurines' I just got a bunch of figurines of unicorns.  Granted, they were mostly garishly coloured.  Mostly.  But nothing worse than that.  I was preparing myself for some sort of x-rated brony / furry results, but nothing of the sort.