Main Menu

The 2000 AD Thrill-Cast - the official podcast of the Galaxy's Greatest Comic!

Started by Molch-R, 22 January, 2015, 10:38:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

Amazing that all the original art-work for Sooner or Later has been found by Kathryn Symes; its absence was one of the reasons why Brendan McCarthy preferred it not be collected and why only a few chapters appear in The Best of Milligan & McCarthy.

SpongeJosh

Only just catching up with all these Thrill-Casts. The "Behind the scenes" is one of my favourites.

:thumbsup:

Molch-R

On the latest Thrill-Cast, Annie Parkhouse and Simon Bowland join us to discuss the invisible art of the letterer as we honour this often overlooked part of the comics industry, from the old days of paste and scalpels to modern computer techniques. Plus Tharg the Mighty returns to the podcasting sub-basement to answer YOUR questions!

www.2000adonline.com/podcast

sheridan

Great stuff, as a matter of interest on who could potentially appear in upcoming thrillcasts, how many people who we haven't 'met' work in the Command Module?
- Tharg
- Cyber-Matt
- Molch-R
- SAM 2.0 + OZ-BRN-1
- graphic novels editor Keith Richardson and head of publishing Ben Smith (absence of droid names (that I can recall) suggests they work more for Rebellion than 2000AD, if that makes sense?)
- reprographics droid Kathryn Symes
- K-T Rex (has appeared in a thrill-cast but it was ages ago and I can't quite remember what this particular droid does, sorry!)

I know that at some times in the past thirty-eight years the editorial staff seems to have been very small - two or three people crammed into an office on the South Bank - though the list I've quickly compiled above doesn't feature an assistant editor (erm, apart from Cyber-Matt assisting Tharg, of course).

Bolt-01

Molch-R, don't normally listen to podcasts (prefer music to talk when working) but really enjoyed the podcast with Annie & Simon. Fascinating to hear Annie talking about the processes from back in the day...

Buttonman

Caught up with the graphics novel one on the bus and really enjoyed - Molch-R has an great enthusiasm for his subject. Wish he'd pressed Mr Richardson more on the Eagle Dan Dare from 1982 - I need this in my life!

abelardsnazz

What a great festive Thrill-cast. Best wishes for a zarjaz Christmas and a ghafflebette (did I spell that right?) 2016 to all at the Nerve Centre.

Molch-R

Thanks for the kind words about the podcast, Squaxx! We've got some cracking shows lined up for you in 2016 :)

sheridan

Quote from: Molch-R on 28 December, 2015, 02:28:08 PM
Thanks for the kind words about the podcast, Squaxx! We've got some cracking shows lined up for you in 2016 :)
Doesn't Tharg let you have bank holidays off?  Thanks for the poetic seasonal podcast, and looking forward to what you have in store for us in 2016!

abelardsnazz

Enjoyed the first fortnightly dose of aural Thrill-power for 2016, enjoyed the insighful interviews with Messrs Carroll and Edgington. Great stuff.

james newell

is anyone having trouble with the trillcast email address, email 3 times but got a mail undelivered message back.

i am using trillcast@2000adonline.com address as stated in the cast, any my mail address is gmail.

j

Dandontdare

james newell

Ooooh rrrright! thats the reason, thanks for the cryptic answer, took me 5 seconds to figure out the message, my dyslexic tendencies get the better of me again.

thanks sinister looking guy!

j

Timothy

JayzusB.Christ

Yep; John Wagner is always a hoot.  (And doesn't Alan Grant's mother sound a lot like Middenface's granny?)

I've been binge-listening to these lately; I really love the creator interviews.  I got a bit of a thrill to find out that Simon Davis calls the prog 'Two Thou', which my brother and I used to call it when we were kids.  And that Brendan McCarthy used to sniff aerosols, hence 'chroming' in Mad Max. Also love how Cyber-Matt very casually drops expressions like 'longterm squaxx' into normal conversations (I remember being a bit dismayed at how Bish-OP tried to  get away from all that Thargy stuff; great to see it alive and kicking).

Keep up the good work, Molch-R and all else involved!
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"