Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grugz

i'd be interested to hear exactly what benefit remaining would have done for us as a whole nation? especially going on the last few years of recessions, high unemployment, overstretched nhs etc etc etc.
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Grugz on 11 January, 2017, 05:34:57 PM
i'd be interested to hear exactly what benefit remaining would have done for us as a whole nation? especially going on the last few years of recessions, high unemployment, overstretched nhs etc etc etc.
All three of which observably had nothing to do with the EU...

Grugz

that answered my query clearly hawk, thanks.... I do however think that all the fuss over something that hasn't happened yet and may well be the best thing to happen to us,may not be but what is the point worrying until something bad actually happens? 

I'd be more worried about bad bob boot.....sorry...president elect fart and what he's going to do to the world ,or rather what putin is going to tell him what to do.
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

TordelBack

Quote from: Grugz on 11 January, 2017, 05:34:57 PM

That's a bit like asking what benefit does a coat give you because you're still cold. Is taking it off going to improve things? Does forcing everyone else to take theirs off make you any warmer? It might make sense if someone was handing out better coats, but sadly they aren't.

Grugz

i'm usually taking my coat off cos i'm too hot even in winter.

The Legendary Shark

I can see three options for Trump. First, he somehow never makes it to be president - there's enough bad will against him to be Lee Harvey Oswalded and enough Russiaphobia for the DHS to declare his election null and void, especially now they've designated Election Infrastructure as a Critical Infrastructure Subsector. Second, he's allowed to go ahead so that the corporations and banks have a scapegoat to blame for the coming economic collapse in order to implement the measures they're working towards anyway. Third, I'm wrong and he'll do as good a job as any president has or will.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Grugz

his toupee will turn on him in a violent and bloody way and the cia will deny any knowledge of what made it so aggressive...unless it was all the wee.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Grugz on 11 January, 2017, 05:53:42 PM
but what is the point worrying until something bad actually happens? 

Because it is demonstrably going to happen for all the reasons I gave, and the people who told us that they had a plan demonstrably have not the least fucking idea what they're going to do.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Grugz

then perhaps you should stop bleating about it  and join parliament to put the world to rights  as you clearly have all the answers and a plan. i'll even vote for you.

The Legendary Shark

His only "plan" is name-calling, swearing and sometimes taking the piss out of the size of people's hands.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Grugz on 11 January, 2017, 07:32:53 PM
then perhaps you should stop bleating about it  and join parliament to put the world to rights  as you clearly have all the answers and a plan. i'll even vote for you.

Here's the thing: if you don't agree with me, why don't you engage with what I said? If you don't understand what I said, why did you reply at all? If you don't have time to make a coherent, engaged response, why did you waste everyone's time with a half-arsed potshot from the sidelines?

You voted for this, and it's going to fuck you up. It's going to be fucking Christmas for me, and yet I'm not saying "Don't do this" (although I desperately want us not to do this), I'm saying "Can't one of you people who thought this was a good idea explain to me how we stop our currency going off a cliff?"

Goaty

Grugz

fuck fuck fuckity fuck fuck ...see I can use big boy words too!

its gonna fuck me up is it? and your gonna relish in that are you? would love to meet you in person and see if you have the balls to speak to me like that face to face... you don't half talk big for some keyboard politician who doesn't know whats going to happen how could you unless you are mystic meg? you don't know how I voted if I even did and how , if I said on here would you know I was telling the truth?

I believe I am engaging with you by having this half arsed potshot ...I asked you what your plan is as you have written in stone that they don't know what theyre doing and you clearly must do or you wouldn't be so bloody mindedly sure that what you say is gospel ... as I said coherently (perhaps my lack of reading comprehension is rubbing off on you) join the real political world  and prove you do know what you are on about put your money where your sizeable mouth is rather than filling in time between making speech bubbles for comics by slagging off anyone who has (god forbid ) an opinion different to yours .

and our currency was already going off a cliff or did I imagine the recessions? Greece was in the single currency and it didn't work for them too well did it? 
And do we have to bring up the rise in the popularity of the far right in Europe in recent times ,yep, Europe wonderful place.

Hawkmumbler

When did this thread turn into Redit!?

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Grugz on 11 January, 2017, 08:22:07 PM
  its gonna fuck me up is it? and your gonna relish in that are you?

Wow. You really are incapable of parsing basic English sentences. Go back. Read what I wrote. Perhaps get a grown-up to help you with the long words, because I said the exact opposite of that. Twice.