Main Menu

Life is sometimes sort of okay because...

Started by House of Usher, 23 March, 2009, 05:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

Ouch, Jayzuz (thats an exclamation, BTW!)!!!!!

Though it might not speed recovery i'd say still go and check up with you GO and see if you can get some stronger painkillers to wash it over.

On a more positive note, good for you getting back into the martial arts, it's been a good two years since I practiced GoJu-Ryu, i've just not had te time to set aside even 2 hours a week like I used to. Hooe this hasn't put you off all that much.

Something Fishy

Ouch Jayzus that sounds nasty.  Hope the pain eases up soon.

Grugz

As of today I am unemployed.dismissed for ill health capability ,which is fine really,just feels like 20 years wasted.still at least my stress levels should start to get back to normal now...
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

von Boom

Clearly you're taking it well Grugz if you posted it this thread and not the spugs or impediments threads. Good for you.

Grugz

gotta be positive, the place and various aspects were what made me ill in the first place so I;m best out of it.
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

Tjm86

Didn't someone once say 'as one door closes so another opens'?

Hang in there sir, no doubt something far better and healthier will come along.

The Legendary Shark

Best Wishes, Grugzie - try to enjoy the change of pace.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Rately

Quote from: Grugz on 28 April, 2016, 07:18:01 PM
gotta be positive, the place and various aspects were what made me ill in the first place so I;m best out of it.

Exactly.

No point in continuing the grind, and leaving yourself too unwell to enjoy your life outside of work.

Good luck, and enjoy the time you have to yourself.

Grugz

Eric Plumrose

The storm clouds are gathering despite the sunshine but the Souster Woman's reports are done. Two weeks and (surprisingly) only half a bottle of the XO.
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

Jim_Campbell

More or less my favourite comic right now, Giant Days, just scored three nominations in the Harvey Awards (plus a fourth for the original artist, Lissa Treiman who still does the covers) to go alongside it's double nomination in the Eisners.

(Sadly, none of them is for best letterer, otherwise this post would be in the "Drokkin' Fantastic" thread.)
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Rately

My wonderful fiance, who is having a pretty shitty time of it at work currently, took it upon herself to have Saga Volume 6 waiting on doorstep when i got home yesterday!

We've a dinner tonight at a wonderful restaurant, and tomorrow we celebrate a year of being engaged.

Love her to bits, and she is the best thing in my life.

von Boom

Quote from: Rately on 06 July, 2016, 10:21:55 AM
My wonderful fiance, who is having a pretty shitty time of it at work currently, took it upon herself to have Saga Volume 6 waiting on doorstep when i got home yesterday!

We've a dinner tonight at a wonderful restaurant, and tomorrow we celebrate a year of being engaged.

She sounds grand. :)
Now get off yer arse and marry her already. ;)

Rately

Quote from: von Boom on 06 July, 2016, 02:07:05 PM
Quote from: Rately on 06 July, 2016, 10:21:55 AM

Cheers, fella! And that is the next thing on the to-do list! Set the date!

She sounds grand. :)
Now get off yer arse and marry her already. ;)

TordelBack

Gotta hang on to the good ones, no doubt about it.

My own long-suffering missus, knowing my love of nursing injured and abandoned computers, is e'en now bringing home the battered body of a15" Mac Book Pro, so that I may add it to the unblinking banks of my Antarctic Karnak-slash-shed. This only escapes the Drokkin' Fantastic thread because it is a 2006 model (variety unknown) of vague cobdition, dubious battery and no charger. But therein lies the game! To the parts bins!