Main Menu

Life's so drokking fantastic because (the rebirth)

Started by vzzbux, 22 April, 2010, 08:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolt-01

... because I'm going to see ALIEN (directors cut) and ALIENS (Special Edition) at the electric cinema tonight along with my youngest. A gift from Mrs bolt for my birthday.

We are on one of the lush couches as well.

Happy ALIEN DAY!

Tiplodocus

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 25 April, 2016, 09:40:21 PM
Quote from: Tordelback on 25 April, 2016, 08:34:03 PM
Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 25 April, 2016, 08:03:19 PM
... and two double decker buses stacked on top of each other, which was great for practising buoyancy.

Handy for measuring sauropods too.
Funny you should say that because theirs an ex-display model of a Brachiosaurus skeleton* at 75 meters, bought for a humble £100 from Oxford I believe. Few have seen it due to that extreme depth, but it's their it is, forever out of my insured depth!

*A replica, of course, and I believe the metal frame did not survive the impact of landing and it is now in three parts, the neck rather unfortunatly for the poor Brachy snapped at the base (snicker while you can!) causing it to face plant into the sediment.

Oi!

I'm right here, you know.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Proudhuff

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 26 April, 2016, 01:18:21 PM
... because I'm going to see ALIEN (directors cut) and ALIENS (Special Edition) at the electric cinema tonight along with my youngest. A gift from Mrs bolt for my birthday.

We are on one of the lush couches as well.

Happy ALIEN DAY!

Huzzah! :D Enjoy
DDT did a job on me

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 26 April, 2016, 01:35:25 PM
Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 25 April, 2016, 09:40:21 PM
Quote from: Tordelback on 25 April, 2016, 08:34:03 PM
Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 25 April, 2016, 08:03:19 PM
... and two double decker buses stacked on top of each other, which was great for practising buoyancy.

Handy for measuring sauropods too.
Funny you should say that because theirs an ex-display model of a Brachiosaurus skeleton* at 75 meters, bought for a humble £100 from Oxford I believe. Few have seen it due to that extreme depth, but it's their it is, forever out of my insured depth!

*A replica, of course, and I believe the metal frame did not survive the impact of landing and it is now in three parts, the neck rather unfortunatly for the poor Brachy snapped at the base (snicker while you can!) causing it to face plant into the sediment.

Oi!

I'm right here, you know.
My achy breaky Haplocanthosaurus!

Grugz

cos I'm watching the force awakens blu ray on my nice shiny new 4k telly!
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

Something Fishy

Lot of good viewing going on around here  :)

I'm looking forward to seeing it again but in old fashioned 1080P.

Taryn Tailz

I've been thoroughly embraced by the Trans group I now attend in Newcastle.

They're helping me fight the good fight against gender dysphoria, and are like friends I've had for years, even though I've only known them a couple of months.

While I'm still only on the waiting list for the Gender Clinic, everything about my coming out has gone amazingly well so far. I'm no longer waking up every morning fearing the future like I used to do. I've only made the first baby steps towards transition, but I've been totally vindicated thus far.

:) :) :)

Oh, and 'Flash Fiction Press' just published my short story, 'Down', as their story of the week. :)

http://www.theflashfictionpress.org/2016/04/30/down/

Darren Stephens

https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Hawkmumbler

Bloody fantastic Taryn! So incredibly happy for you and hope it continues to get better for you!

Life's bloody fantastic for me because i'm off to Malta for a weeks diving! See you guys in a wee while!

Taryn Tailz

I'm gonna use my 500th post on this here forum to thank you both. :)

Something Fishy

Something Fishy

Got out there searching for work having got over the worst of the eyes, got three formal interviews (and did some networkingre a possible other but not available yet) and three offers including the one I really wanted which I've accepted. Start next week on my 45th birthday.  Yay.   :)

JayzusB.Christ

Taryn, that's brilliant.  Fishy, that's even brillianter.

Me, I went looking for something fun and traditional to do on May Day (if you'll remember I was asking advice about it) and ended up in the Irish-speaking part of Kerry, where a local couple (one a professional singer, the other a builder of all things Celtic) I know had organised an event for the Dingle Bealtaine Festival that I quickly found myself becoming a performer in - fire, mead, skulls, haunting singing, instruments made of skin and string, and costumes a member of the Red Branch would kill forr, followed by a full-on rave.  Perfect.  Couldn't have asked for better.  That's me with the tusks, by the way.

I don't know why more people don't celebrate Bealtaine / May Day.  It's a pleasure to be alive at this time of year - ever-lengthening days, cherry blossom in fat clumps, watching the world come back to life. 

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Something Fishy

Thanks Jay.

And that looks awesome.  Like a weirder version of our obby oss over in padstow with it's pagan roots.

JayzusB.Christ

Was half-thinking of going to Padstow in fact; till this cropped up.  Might make it over next year.
Also, the fact that you can see my photos is, well, drokking fantastic!  :)
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"