Main Menu

My Awesome Millennium Falcon Build Thread!

Started by hippynumber1, 08 February, 2015, 05:47:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hippynumber1

Aaaaarrrrgggghhhhhh, wires!

and a little video I thought you might like:

https://www.facebook.com/mark.spencerwriter

Colin YNWA

That video made me weep withjealous delight. It must have been like hearing your first born say their first word

Zarjazzer

Hand me the hydrospanner...fabulous stuff as always.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

hippynumber1

Upper-hull port corridor plating and rectenna mounting:

hippynumber1

ThryllSeekyr

I managed to get my hands on my old model Millienium-Falcon that had ben given to me when I was much younger. This was because the two identical bookcases that had been left in such a way as to be very hard to move.(Despite the fact that I had no trouble moving them myself once they had been shifted out here & this was up the external stairway.)

They were in a tight spot, & this was right in front of the large metal cabinent where it was left piled on top with some old table top board games. This time, there was a ladder in front of it. SO, I could just climb up that thing & slip it out from under the other stuff.

The box felt remarkably light & I was surprised to find that lot of the old model was largely unglued together and most of it still the plastic farm....I think they call it flash. That stuff you have to cut away when you separate the important parts from this part. We really did work on the bottom side of the classic ship. Just assembling the landing gear & some how attaching those to their right full position on the underside. I think they move too.

I hope all the parts are still there. Not sure if father was subtly trying to stop me from taking it with how the twin book cases were arranged infront of the cabinent. He didn't otherwise try to stop me, but I still think there may be some sedimentality there. Who knows.

I put the box in the other room, I will get it later to have another closer look at tit & to tell you's what type of model/version this of the Han's ship. Yeah, it does say that on the box that this is Han Solo's ship if that is anything to go by.

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 02 April, 2016, 11:24:33 AM

The box felt remarkably light & I was surprised to find that lot of the old model was largely unglued together and most of it still the plastic farm....I think they call it flash. That stuff you have to cut away when you separate the important parts from this part. We really did work on the bottom side of the classic ship. Just assembling the landing gear & some how attaching those to their right full position on the underside. I think they move too.

That's Frame instead of Farm. Makes more sense that way, if your familiar with plastic modelling kits that had almost every single piece (Mostly the small pieces) connected by Flash (Something that often remains with the piece after you cut it apart from the Frame (That's what I call it!) and you need to cut it again to remove it or file it down very carefully not to damage it's
shape or even the surface of the piece.

Anyway, I had another look inside the kit box and every piece seems to be there except for the essential electronics that would allow it to make light around the back. Not sure if it made noises either and the cockpit chair where Han & Chewie are sitting. Both the little figures are missing their arms. Like why would they not just have the figures fully intact. It's not like they were mean to pose-able. I couldn't locate the arms anywhere and there is another figure who just has to be Luke on one of those fancy turreted guns. Here he is just seen sitting on a chair suspended by a wall like armature connected to the frame of the circular, segmented window underneath. There is a another circular piece. With the chair & gun glued fully intact. This ones unmanned or should have Han been glued into that one while Chewie flew the ship alone. (There is a allusion to this in that film The Force Awakens when Chewie rescues that Rey girl! Well, I think there is!) 

Now is it right that with Luke's chair piece. (BTW I found the turret gun that was connected to this piece. It was need to some de-construction reglueing before that piece can be working properly again!)
or circular canopy is underneath him. While on the other one, the chair is facing it directly.

Is this correct?

I know this model so far hasn't been done properly. Excess glue can be seen every where on model where it's been constructed so far. The little figures look terrible. Still covered in a lot of excess glue. The arms on Luke seen to be placed the wrong way.

The front leg/landing gear of the ship had been broken off it's mount. I think it can be fixed though. As I wrote earlier......it's only the arms of both pilot/co-pilot that are apparently missing.

I'll have pictures up later if I can get my HD Camera working in that way.....but later.

Follow this link to find out more about his older model

I would include pictures from that page, but my internet is being so mean to me right now, none of those will open.

Back with more later....

ThryllSeekyr

Now that the images page (From that link I just gave you!) has opened after all that time.....

None of these pictures above are mine!

According to what I've seen written on the lid. This was boxed in 1979, (Perhaps?) ...Because that's the number written next to Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation on the bottom right hand side of the box-front underneath the painting of the ship. They don't paint them any more, they just use photos. (I think!)

None of these pictures above are mine!

It looks like that put one out with the release of each film, and perhaps including the remade version as well...

Bloody Internet is giving me more hell, maybe later!

ThryllSeekyr

Here are some photos of the model I got....

I take better photos later when I fell like it. Showing how badly put together these models were if they were none done so properly.

If you look closely, the Judge Dredd figure is underneath all those other pieces in the last photo. The lippy looks like it's faded now.

hippynumber1

It's been a while, I know, and for that I apologise; baby and the release of my first novel got in the way a bit. Almost up-to-date again now - these photos show the completion of the upper-hull metal framework...

ZenArcade

Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Zarjazzer

The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Colin YNWA

I might have missed this but why aren't you pimpin' ya novel? Do tell.

hippynumber1

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 04 May, 2016, 09:35:10 PM
I might have missed this but why aren't you pimpin' ya novel? Do tell.

The short answer is: I have. I've mentioned it on 'The Writers' Block' thread and the 'Life is Frickin' Amazing' (or whatever it's called) thread. I don't want to hi-jack my own thread to push it (other people are happy to attempt hi-jacks, it seems) but, to be honest, nobody really seems that interested. Wrong crowd, I suppose...

TordelBack

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 05 May, 2016, 10:35:47 AM
...to be honest, nobody really seems that interested. Wrong crowd, I suppose...

Lessen it's got purdy pitchers aside the squigglin' words and such, seems like we Squaxx is downright eye-literate.

Just compare the numbers voting on the Art and Story comps. 

Most impressed with you for getting your work out there in the real world, Hippy.