Main Menu

If I Was To Get Tattoes?

Started by ThryllSeekyr, 27 March, 2016, 07:14:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

I was thinking of getting this on my chest....

Just the S design mind you & not the bar code. Maybe if black & white colours were reversed. Not sure about size either. Wether to have a large one right on my chest or just small one. Kind of like a Celtic-superman thing! Even though unbuttoning or ripping my shirt to show it off that way a very lame cliché thing to do. I would not do that thing is I was painted that way. 

What do yah think, a little too pretentious, or something you'd expect of a Slaine of my calibre.

Also thinking of getting this....

Because, Slaine wanted Ukko to paint his ass with a image of Ukko, so that he could sit on always sit on him.  If remember his coronation rite. Not sure if that was just dialoge taken from the cover picture or in the actual magazine.

Yet, it's really bad to get such face on my ass, than how about this.....

Both blades of the axes drawn on each ass cheek. Unless people might than assume that I would enjoy having the handle shoved up my butt. Instead of assuming that it really means that I want it kissed.

You should all know the words to that one!

Then maybe smaller picture of both that axe and it's earlier version the singled bladed flint axe as used by Bellardinelli's/MacMahon's version of Slaine.

That is if it's acceptable that fan-boys like myself wouldn't need to become Sailor (I think got one from each overseas port of call!) &/or Gangster (For each major crime!) & earn the desired body stickers properly.

Advice?

richerthanyou

As someone with over 50 tattoos I would advise that you take the image you want to a reputable tattoo artist (read not cheap) and get them to re draw the design as a tattoo.

My first tattoo was taken straight from a book and it's the only one I somewhat regret.

These days with instagram and facebook and the likes there is no reason you shouldn't be able to find a good artist to do the job for you. You get what you pay for. And since it is going to be there for the rest of your life you want it to look as best as it possibly can.

Good luck
(  ゚,_ゝ゚)   

ThryllSeekyr

After some, I should rethink these ideas, because none of them would make much sense to the average shmoe on the street.

Still, I like the idea about putting Slaine's double-bitted axe going up my outer leg & thigh all above the nee. So, it never bends. Both blades wrap around my waist. One of them around on my right ass-cheek and the other almost touching my groin or I could have it going up my back, both blades on my shoulder blades.

The earth serpent going up my left leg....all the way up my thigh. Twisting around my leg.

My only problem here is looking like a fool or being confused with that fraternity who get tattoos
as part of initiation into manhood (Yakusa & people of the South-Pacific) slavery, being jailed for significant length of time. People often just do get portraits of they're loved ones

They're is a chance of infection & possible limb lost if my body has bad reaction to the ink. That's real worry for me.

All I wanna do is show my devotion to Slaine. Just a fan thing really. All sorts of people get them for all sort so reasons these days. Another thing is how much maintenance they need. Does it matter if I'm prone to acne &/or ulceration. My arms are prone to ulceration & sometimes my shoulders & face. Both arms are scarred from this. If I were to get tattoos there. Would they be subject to ruin or would they help protect against that sort of thing or atleast cover them up. I can't imagine arm tattoos staying the way they are meant to be if my arms keep getting ulcerations. I think I get them there, because my arms are often exposed, like my face and shoulders.

Otherwise, getting the tats I want is a serious consideration some time in the near future. As long as it's I'm not being thought of as a initiated or they are tough-stickers.

I found this place Sacred Skin when I did a local search.

Oh, I also wanted to do this....

Eyes on my hands, so I could do what Scatha is doing in the panel on the far left there.

richerthanyou

Eyes on the back of you hands will make you look like a criminal

stick to places you can cover up
(  ゚,_ゝ゚)   

ThryllSeekyr

You, know the more & more I think about it. The less I want them now.

I never figured those eyes on the back of my hands to be a criminal choice. As far as I researched them, they are supposed to grant me luck and I've always known that getting tats is bad idea unless your the type of crook who can get them to work for you and not against you. Which is why I'm not getting doubt about getting them now.

As far hiding your tats, I think they are really mean to be shown off. Otherwise, not worth getting.

Once they're on, they can't be removed without lasers. I think or a bigger tat.

So, I don't think so for now.....

The Legendary Shark

In my experience, reputable tattoo artists will not tattoo hands, necks or faces. I've got four tats on my arms and I hardly notice them any more. They've faded a bit, too. If you're prone to skin problems, tattoos are probably not a good idea. Ask your local tattoo artist. If I were you, I'd get the "S" on my upper arm, where you can easily hide it if you have to - but if you're bothered about what other people think, don't do it. If you have any reservations, don't do it. Hang fire and see if you still want one in 12 months.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Satanist

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 27 March, 2016, 07:14:35 AM
I was thinking of getting this on my chest....

One day later...

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 28 March, 2016, 08:52:41 AM
You, know the more & more I think about it. The less I want them now.

So I think its best you don't get a tattoo until you have actually given it some thought.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Old Tankie

I had my tattoos done when I was young  and I thought they looked good, now I am old I think they look stupid!! Think about it and then think again.

richerthanyou

I had my tattoos done when I was young and I loved them.

I'm still young and I still love them.

More to the point the girls love them too.

win win.

:D
(  ゚,_ゝ゚)   

COMMANDO FORCES

Don't get anything done if you're indecisive!

richerthanyou

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 28 March, 2016, 08:16:41 PM
Don't get anything done if you're indecisive!

Don't live your life regretting not getting tattoos! :D
(  ゚,_ゝ゚)   

ThryllSeekyr

I might seriously consider my family crest....

Minus the appelation of....the family motto...

Content With Their Lot

Written in Latin. I never liked & what I think it implies and would leave that part out. I don't want it to apply to me.

Drawn on my upper back & dead center.

richerthanyou

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 28 March, 2016, 08:52:41 AM
As far hiding your tats, I think they are really mean to be shown off. Otherwise, not worth getting

I assume that you considering a back tattoo would mean that you spend the majority of your day with your shirt off then?
(  ゚,_ゝ゚)   

ThryllSeekyr

I just figured that my upper back would be great place of it.

The chest itself seems really lame. If it's on the back, you have to be facing away from somebody and yes, with my shirt off for them to see it. Aside from that it's a wide open area.

ThryllSeekyr

Does hair grow back over skull tattoos?